1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Fox 26] List of candidate to be interview by Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Jan 2, 2006.

1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Mark Berman of Fox 26 said some candidates the Texans would like to interview.

Jerry Gray-Bills Defense coordinator
    Gary Kubiak-Broncos offensive coordinator
    Al Saunders-Cheifs offensive coordinator
    Scott Linehan-Dolphins offensive coordinator
    Brad Childress-Eagles offensive coordinator
    John Harbaugh-Eagles Special Teams Coordinator
    Cam Cameron-Charges offensive coordinator
    Bobby Petrino-Lousiville Head Coach
    Kirk Ferentz-Iowa Head Coach

Looks like Bob McNair is looking for offensive minded coach.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Gary or Al. They seem to come from teams that have success in being able to push it, yet balanced.

3. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Well, with the fact we are probably drafting Bush, I think Kubiak and Saunders should be at the top of the list.

Of course, we can't count out Cameron from SD. Seems this offense will be in the same situation they were in a couple of season ago. An under-performing QB going into his 5th year and an stud RB.

4. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks Rikesh, we out-of-towners always appreciate the Berman info.

5. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I would like to see what Gary Kubiak can do for us....or Gray from Buffalo.

6. droxford

droxford Member

I have to say..

Even if we lost games with bad defense, it would probably be a lot more exciting than what we've been watching (Texans score one touchdown... Carr gets sacked 7 times... etc.)

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I agree with this...Gary has worked with Dan Reeves b/f and would be great...

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Al is the next head coach of the Chiefs. Why is Jerry Gray even on the list? Thank God Mike Martz isn't on the list.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Agreed totally, but I don't see an "offensive line coach" name in there, though I wished there was... :(

10. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Look at the O-lines Al Saunders had with the Rams and Chiefs...he's not going to ignore our weakness there.

11. intermill

intermill Contributing Member

Because McNair doesn't want to be fined $200,000 like the Lions did when they hired Mariucci in 2003.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Once again, Al ain't coming here. He's gonna be the head coach of the Chiefs. Better yet, look at Kubiak and those offensive lines they've built in Denver with Shanahan. They take middle round, smallish lineman, and make it work up there and they make average running backs look like superstars. Kubiak will bring those blocking schemes to the Texans. I think he'll have a quality offensive coach, and Bush and Carr will look like world beaters. He'll have Carr rolling out of the pocket, Davis up the gut, and Bush all over the field, not to mention AJ, a large, superstrong receiving target, combined with Mathis burning down the field.

We're gonna roll.

13. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Jerry Gray is on the list because he has the work ethic and background to be a head coach. He also went to UT with McNair's son Cal and is personal friend of the McNair family. IMO, gray ould make a great head coach for the Texans.

14. RocketFan85

RocketFan85 Member

Gary Kubiak would be a good pick up. Al Saunders is most likey going to be the Chiefs next head coach, but he would be a next pick up too. I'd like to see Gary Kubiak work with Davis, Carr, Johnson and hopefuly, Bush.

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think Jerry Gray would make a good coach.

Along with the others, though, I'd like to see Gary Kubiak. He's a Houston/Texas native that has done many things at his current position, and he's got some things that I feel would work well with this team. I listened to him speak at my sister's High School Graduation in 2000, and while he's not the most charismatic guy you could ever meet, he definitely has a good head on his shoulders and seems to be very wise, and an all-around good guy - something that Bob McNair will undoubtedly look for.

16. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I would really like to see Kubiak get a shot at head coach