1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stein: If Suns Reach Agreement With Knight, Bledsoe on Block

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ns575, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Airdough

Airdough Member

That would take away a competitor for Lawson who has less years and money left on his deal. It would also keep Cousins in Sac Town versus him going to LA.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That seems like a probable list. But what do the Mavs have that the Suns would want? Remember, Dallas has a ton of free agents, so they'd be looking at a necessary sign-and-trade. Would Chandler and Aminu agree to that(and would Phoenix want them)? The Knicks? They just traded for Grant, so I imagine they're not looking to deal for yet another PG. The Sixers are a possibility and they do have a ton of assets. The Pistons? I doubt it. Don't they have Jennings AND Jackson?

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Knicks would be the team I'd think first but if they are going after Monroe & Afflalo in FA I don't think they'll have the salary to absorb Bledsoe's deal.

The team that really interests me is the Sixers but I just don't know why Hinkie didn't already offer him a contract last Summer when he was sitting there with nobody left to pay him. He seems right in line with what they want long term, but for some reason they don't seem high on him.

An Embiid for Bledsoe deal would be a risky but super high reward deal for Phoenix they aren't getting anywhere else.

Orlando is another interesting team, but that depends on what they think of Payton. In 30 MPG last season averaging 8.9 PPG and barely shooting over 40%, he sure didn't look look like a starting NBA caliber PG, and they might want to put him at backup next year.

4. count_dough-ku

I think Orlando will stick with Payton. The Sixers are a threat to get Bledsoe assuming they actually want him. But it's a pretty short list of teams that don't have quality starting PGs who have decent assets to dangle in front of the Suns.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There are several teams that could view him as an upgrade though. Whether need is in play or not.

-Minnesota
    -Denver
    -Lakers
    -Atlanta
    -Charlotte
    -Boston
    -Indiana
    -Detroit
    -Milwaukee
    -New Orleans
    -Sacramento
    -Utah
    -Orlando

These are all teams that could very well be saying... yes we have a PG already but we have a chance here to upgrade our situation. Do you see a team listed above where the PG rotation is clearly already has a better player ahead of Bledsoe?

6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Bledose is way better than Lawson. When Harden is out of the game, Bledsoe can be a go to guy that can win a game for you. Lawson not so much if at all. Lawson is talented but temperamental, we have enough of that with Dwight.

#46 ballplayer, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hornacek told <a href="https://twitter.com/SiriusXMNBA">@SiriusXMNBA</a> that NY called about a Bledsoe trade. &quot;Eric is a big part of our future and there was no entertainment of that.”</p>&mdash; Paul Coro (@paulcoro) <a href="https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/615615492103892992">June 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. count_dough-ku

True, but a lot of those teams have big money invested in PGs. Atlanta has both Teague and Schroder on the roster. Detroit has Jennings and Jackson. I just don't see a bunch of those ballclubs going after Bledsoe.

9. malakas

malakas Member

Minny only if trade rubio (doesnt look so easy) denver and lakers no atlanta no . charlotte is interesting because they got too many big men and not many guards or wings. But i doubt biz and zeller will be enough for bledsoe. So not likely but good fit.
    Boston absolutely not. Indy doesnt have assets. Detroit doesnt have assets to soare and they already will try out reggie. ( interesting sting to see if he takes the qo) mil absolutely not lol. New orleans..could be interesting but dont see what they have to trade that would interest the suns.
    Sac definitely. Urah definitely.
    Orlando absolutely not.
    Thats my opinion. Most likely one of sacramento utah. Minny indy and charlotte should inquire too.
    The best would be for philly to arrange a s+t for knight. He fits better than bledsoe. Give convington and okc and miami first.