1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long does it take you to get over these playoff exits?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, May 28, 2015.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Actually this season will be pretty easy considering how much of a success it was. Also I have a lot going on right now at work so in some ways it will make it easier for me to focus better now.

Last year was super tough felt we were still better than the Blazers and the buzzer beating shot and all. This year we toughed it out, came back from 3-1 and did it without 2 starters. We lost to a considerably better team - there is no shame in that but it does show where the Rockets need help this offseason.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

was sort of sad as they lost but had friends near me laughing up with the memes about Harden but all good now

3. Anticope

Anticope Member

After that game 6 against the Clippers it kind of felt like we were playing with house money, so getting eliminated this time doesn't feel all that bad considering what the team accomplished. If the Clippers had finished us off in game 6 then that would've hurt considerably more. Not to mention the incredible amount of pessimism we all would've had this offseason compared to how we feel now.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Basically until the draft.

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Same. Would've been nice to go out w a little stronger performance from harden but GS was never losing this series.

Already focused on next year. Plus the stros are on a tear (and on TV!) and the Texans will be starting before we know it.

6. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Why isn't this in GARM?

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This season was much easier to digest. Last season, I felt that the Rockets were the better team and getting kicked out on a last second shot stings. It hung over the Rockets season for me until theh beat the Mavs. This year, they lost to the best team in the league and had a ton of injuries. Could have won one or both of the first two games away. Hopeful for free agency and the draft and think the Rockets will be battling for the one seed next season.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I finally took off the Rockets logo as my profile pic on Facebook this morning.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Still trying to get over Hector losing to Achilles.

10. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

2 days have passed, it still stings a little. I've been staying away from ESPN and national NBA podcast because I know it's going to be nothing but Warriors praise. I'm trying to get back into other things that I enjoyed before the playoffs started.

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

We're all gonna make it.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

It'll suck when the Finals start, but not much. Not to sound sentimental or cliched, or hypocritical to those who are friends with me on Facebook, but there are so many other important things in life than this. I love it, but it's just entertainment. I mean, it's far and away my favorite form of entertainment, but when it's over, it's over. I don't let a bad song, album, or movie bother me much, so why would I let this? I'll be emotional while watching it, but I'm at a point where the "hurt" ends very quickly.

Maybe I'm just freaking used to it.

13. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

For me this season it was pretty easy, because on paper we had no business being in the WCFs. After the Clips win it was all icing on the cake. It would have been different if we were at full strength.

At that point, the bummers last until football season.