1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Vipers tryout dates announced

Discussion in 'Rio Grande Valley Vipers' started by HoopScribe, Sep 8, 2014.

1. HoopScribe

HoopScribe Member

MCALLEN, Texas – The NBA Development League Rio Grande Valley Vipers today announced the open tryout dates for the 2014-15 season. Tryouts will be held Sept. 27 in Houston and Oct. 19 in the Rio Grande Valley. Prospective players will have the opportunity to showcase their skills in front of the Houston Rockets basketball operations staff and will compete to earn an invitation to Vipers training camp in November.

Houston
    Saturday, Sept. 27, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. (on-site registration at 10:30 a.m.)
    Toyota Center Practice Facility
    Early registration forms and payment should be submitted by noon (CT) on Friday, Sept. 26.
    Rio Grande Valley – Edinburg, Texas
    Sunday, Oct. 19, noon - 3 p.m. (on-site registration at 11:30 a.m.)
    RGV Vipers Practice Facility
    315 East Palm Drive, Edinburg, Texas 78539
    Early registration forms and payment should be submitted by noon (CT) on Friday, Oct. 17.
    Prospective Players are encouraged to pay an early registration fee of $150 prior to tryouts. The fee is $200 if paid on the day of tryouts. Payments can be made in advance by calling the Rio Grande Valley Vipers at 956-972-1144, or by stopping by the Vipers Pro Shop at 4500 N. 10th St. at Uptown Plaza in McAllen. Those paying in advance can pay by cash, cashier’s check, certified check or credit card. Those paying at the tryout must pay by cash, cashier’s check or certified check.

Early registration forms and payments should be submitted by Friday, Sept. 26 for Houston tryouts and Friday, Oct. 17 for RGV tryouts. This year’s registration, release and health information authorization forms can be found on RGVipers.com. Completed forms should be emailed to the Vipers basketball operations staff at bballops@rgvipers.com. For questions, please contact the RGV Vipers directly at 956-972-1144.

For more information about the RGV Vipers upcoming season and ticket information, visit www.rgvipers.com.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Anyone knows coach Nevadas email so I can send him my mixtape ;)

3. NotChandlerParsons

The fee dang. I bet they make more money on those than they do on most games.

4. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

150 USD isn't a lot. Consider the millions you can make in the NBA. You have to spend money to make money.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Don't think they are trying to make any money. Just a way to weed out guys who clear have no hope or would do it as a joke. The fee discourages most of the non-serious candidates from wasting everyone's time.

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Where's paulftsk? Gotta show them that "quick release" free throw, would floor all of the scouts there. Morey might sign him on the spot AND give him a player option

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Clutchfans pick up ball v.3.0 bout to be in this bish

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

if i were in texas, i'd try out sure. been training all summer for the most part.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn it. I was going to show up and jack up half court shots.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

If someone can sponsor the Jontro for this tryout... I promise I'll pay you back once I make the Rockets' roster.

11. NotChandlerParsons

So who made the team yesterday? Fess up.

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

can i just send them my squat numbers?