1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who makes more money, you or your parents?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LardLad, Jan 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. LardLad

LardLad Member

If you make more money, do you help them out?
    If you don't make as much money as them, do they throw dollars your way?

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Three question marks and no answers. You remind me of the Rockets right now.

2 people like this.
  3. LardLad

LardLad Member

I make more money than my parents right now since my dad is in prison. I give her money for a lot of things. I help her with her bills and I pay for her grocery stuff a lot of times.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

I make more money than my mom. My dad has maybe 15 rental properties so he might make more than me. I dont give them money to help them out because they dont need my help and i dont need theirs.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

My view is skewed since I'm Asian, but why can't everybody help each other out?

Shouldn't be prideful when it comes to family, unless some family issue is evident.

6. LardLad

LardLad Member

If you want to bring PRIDE into this then you are the one thinking about PRIDE. I just posed a question out of curiosity. I never tried to show off or anything. Your view isn't ASIAN...it is normal. I help my family out when I can and they help me out. They help me out without monetary means and vice versa. The question is simple, please don't over-complicate it.

7. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I make more. I also don't think just giving money to family is always a good thing. "Helping" family out financially is often enabling some sort of bad behavior, and in the end can often strain relationships.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm 13 and my mum and dad give me a small weekly allowance. Sometimes when I wanna go to the movies they give me a bit more.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I make less. They don't throw dollars my way.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I make less, they are my employer....

11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

More than my mom less than my dad. MUCH less than my dad. When I needed help in the past they've always been there for me. Thankfully that hasn't happned in several years and I hope that it never does again. But they do babysit thier 1.5 year old granddaughter on request, and that's priceless.

12. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I do.

Me.

[​IMG]

More than my dad and mom (combined), grandparents, brothers, cousins, wife, and children, but not more than my cousins, who are first generation from U.S. and A. and have superior education (but not experience) than me. :eek:

And, yes, I help them out.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I just graduated with an engineering doctorate this year and joined an oil company. My starting salary is well above average for my age. Although my dad doesn't have a doctorate, he's been with big oil for 30 years and been a high-level manager for 10+. So he still absolutely kicks my tail in income, but I'm certainly fine on my own without a handout.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Me now, since they're retired. But they made much more than me while they were working. My dad owned his own engineering firm. However, I'm proud to say I haven't borrowed money from my parents since I was in college 20 years ago.

My in-laws are multi-millionaires. FIL is a retired O&G trader who apparently did VERY well. Again, we've never borrowed a cent from them (aside from the free babysitting they provide for our bi-weekly date night!). We are very proud of that and hope to keep the streak alive indefinitely...

15. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

I make more at 40 than my Dad was making at his peak prior to retiring. I attribute it to their hard work in getting me through college and instilling a good work ethic in me early on. We're about even on who picks up the dinner tab when we get together...that's about the only money that changes hands between us.

16. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

I make more than my parents combined. I help them out regularly.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I make more but neither needs the others help.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I make way less.....

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My idiot parents could be living it up but they made the terrible mistake of having a kid. Not making that mistake anytime soon.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Since my parents are dead, I guess I do, and that's an answer I'd rather not have to use.