1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rams possibly returning to LA?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by ItsMyFault, Jan 30, 2014.

1. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-rams-20140131,0,3805682.story#ixzz2rwNV9NoK

2. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

HE would need to work with the landowner next to him. The move makes the most sense. Would be nice to see LA get their team back. People forget that they were in LA for 50 years which was longer than the Oilers were in Houston. It's not really fair to criticize the city for now committing public funding to the stadium. They have bigger priorities.

3. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

This seems like the NFL master plan to move a team to LA is working. From what I recall back in 2010, the Rams were purchased (60%) by Shahid Khan. But then the minority owner (40%), Kroenke, was able to reject that offer since he had right of first refusal.

But the problem with Kroenke was he owned the Nuggets and Avalanche at the same time, and NFL rules don't allow cross ownership of other sports teams. The NFL and it's owners granted a waiver to Kroenke and he transferred ownership of the Nuggets and Avalance to his children.

Thus Kroenke was able to buy the Rams and complete full ownership of the team.

The funny thing is Khan is from that area, and would have never moved the Rams out of St. Louis, but it appears that Kroenke might just be doing that. Khan eventually ended up buying the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Smart guy Kroenke and smart move by the NFL. Tough luck for St. Louis.

(That or I'm missing something to this story)

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HogMjHIfNHM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2 people like this.
  5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Rams need to be in LA and then Cardinals need to be in St Luis.

6. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Uh, ok. That doesn't seem like much of a threat, then.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Cardinals don't need to be in St. Louis, you sentimentally want them to be in St. Louis. Honestly, University of Phoenix Stadium is 8 years old and Phoenix is a much larger city than St. Louis. They're not moving.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would the Cardinals need to be in St. Louis?? They're doing fine in Arizona, and Phoenix has done nothing wrong to lose their team. In fact, their stadium is still regarded as one of the nicest facilities in the league.

9. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Wow lol

10. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'd rather the Raiders go back to LA.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'm a Rams fan, but I have zero connection to either city so I don't really care.

Most of the people I've met from St. Louis don't give two ****s about the Rams.

It would make the division kind of sense, too. Arizona, Seattle, San Francisco.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Maybe Khan can move the Jags to St. Louis after the Rams go back to LA. Everybody wins and Jacksonville barely notices.

13. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That is so bad...

14. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

That's because the Rams have always been in the NFC West (dating back to the LA days).

Rams-9ers-Saints were some pretty damn good rivalry games prior to re-alignment.

15. Raven

Raven Member

People don't need pro spots the way they used to, at least not in their home city, especially in LA, which has a million things to do. And probably half the population wasn't even living in LA (or even born yet) the last time they had an NFL team.

16. crash5179

Guilty as charged.

I'm sure they're great in Arizona but I grew up when the Cards were in St Louis and the Rams were in LA and the Colts were in Baltimore. It just seems right to me.

17. crash5179

I can believe that. St Louis is a baseball city, probably the best baseball city in the states.

18. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Makes me want to do the Shiva Bowl Shuffle

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yeah, just ask them!

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Raiders to LA, Rams & Jags contracted.