1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets that star won't sign deal, wants to play in NY

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, Dec 1, 2011.

1. srrono

srrono Member

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Y! Sources with @SpearsNBAYahoo: Chris Paul's agent informs Hornets that star won't sign deal, wants to play in NY. tinyurl.com/6pzgm2n

2. srrono

srrono Member

with willains and paul doing the same things seems a like a screw up in new CBA

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Even in the NBA the rich are getting richer......I think these players realize that by playing together they prolong their careers as they don't have to work as hard. IT sucks for the teams who don't have any superstars (ie. Rockets).......this is not good for the NBA, parity is needed.

4. ths balla

ths balla Member

i understand making teams filled with superfriends but they are all in the same conference. Have fun beating each other up so bad that a western conference team is able to steal a ring from y'all.

5. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

Irony of your username :rolleyes: ;)

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-chris_paul_hornets_knicks_nba_trade_120111

7. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This will get interesting, because don't forget who's at the top of the ladder of the Hornets franchise
    [​IMG]

Given how irked the league was about the Carmelo drama last year, given the NBA's hard push to get the Hornets to survive in New Orleans, I've got to believe this will get ugly for Chris Paul. Quickly.

8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wonder how a backcourt of Williams and Paul would look in NY.... Looks like they doing the Lebron/Wade 2 step... Crazier things have happened ...

9. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

actually shouldnt stern be in favor of this? look at what happened with the heat. it drove up ratings you havent seen since the 90's right? these super teams aren't good for parity, but does stern care if ratings are up? especially if a super team form in NY/LA, huge markets.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Paul with be giving up almost half of the millions he could make staying in NOLA by going to the Knicks.

If that's the case I give him props. I still hope Melo gets fat and Amar'e gets hurt again.

11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chris Paul will either end up with the Knicks, or Dwight Howard.

Your play Morey... :grin: (You too Hakeem & Courtney Lee & Kevin McHale)

12. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

If the only place he wants to go is New York, and the Knicks don't have the cap room to sign him outright... Why don't the Hornets just let his contract expire? He won't be able to sign where he wants unless he takes an epic pay cut.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why is parity needed? The league has never had it and seems to do just fine without it.

If this is true it will suck for the Hornets but oh well. Why should a team be guaranteed a return for a free agent? If they want something in return it should be in exchange for helping him get to his preferred destination. If not then lose him for nothing, just like you would any other free agent. I doubt Paul really takes that hefty of a paycut but if he does props to him.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

Landry Fields is a player. I doubt the Knicks even offer him up since the Hornets have no leverage.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

New Orleans won't be needing Emeka Okafor right?

17. Ricksmith

I respectfully disagree. We all thought that the Knicks had all the leverage in the Melo trade until Denver raped them of their core for someone that was leaving them anyway. If New Orleans doesn't wanna trade there, they can just let him walk and force him to sign in New York for almost half the money he could've made.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

The Knicks will have the cap space to sign him since they have $42 million in guaranteed contracts for 2012.

CP3 can walk away and sign outright with the Knicks. He'll lose tons of money (40-50 million by not signing with NOLA) but he doesn't care.

19. Ricksmith

I don't like the superstars teaming up idea, but if he leaves the money on the table like that, I'll respect him for not being "all about the money." Of course, he could probably balance out the money lost with endorsement deals in NY.

20. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

That sucks, the Hornets may end up trading arguably the best point guard in the NBA for an expiring contract, an unproven rookie, and an undersized 2 guard...