1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook will be the next Marbury or Steve Francis

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by typhooonn, May 7, 2011.

1. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

he's the cancer and will be cut in a bad way

2. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think this is old news and widely known by now that he's on that path.

3. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Westbrook doesn't smoke crack.

4. snc

snc Member

I think Oklahoma is more of a meth state.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i guess the OP didn't watch the game. expected the blame will be on westbrook and durant gets a huge pass.

6. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I do not think he will be the next fallen point gaurd; however, I do believe he will be traded from OKC next year. They are too smart of an org. to let this ride out like this without getting something for his talent.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was on the "What the hell are you doing Westbrook" bandwagon until I saw this game and watched Durant off the ball. Durant was standing..

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

ditto, expect a trade to NOLA for CP3 this summer.

9. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Durant's the Teflon star of the Thunder...

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

How can you be so sure?

11. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

I wonder if OKC ever thought about playing him at SG. At times he just doesnt look like a PG out there.

12. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

This just tells him to shoot more.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Did you guys not watch the game? I know the box score looks bad, but Durant was totally forcing Westbrook into taking those shots with his timid play down the stretch.

14. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

I think Durant was just like ''**** it'' after Westbrook drove down 6 straight times with out passing once and bricking.

Yeah, they both deserve blame.. (Durant was chucking contested threes probably due to frustration).. but Durant wasn't ''forcing" Russell to play that horrible at the end.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

1) when westbrook didn't touch the ball in certain possessions, durant was just standing in his own spot and didn't fight for the ball
    2) he couldn't do jack vs tony allen's denial defense.
    3) his lack of a 1-on-1 game FORCES westbrook to be the guy who creates off the dribble. you think if durant can get his shot off the dribble, westbrook would be doing this?

it's absurd that westbrook gets the blame when it's durant's inability to create his own shot vs any type of defense late in games that should be to blame.

durant wasn't chucking due to frustration. those are the only shots he could get.

16. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

So Westbrook's mentality is if Durant doesn't demand the ball....drive without passing to anyone and brick continuously...and this is with a comfortable lead.

He even waived Durant off when Durant tried to set a pick. So he good just go 1-on-1....again.

...Westbrook obviously wants to be the go-to guy...and it cost the Thunder this game... regardless of the stellar defense Allen played on Durant.

17. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

All things considered I would like to speak for Phil Jackson when I say this...

give Memphis some f--king credit.

18. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

+1. OKC has 2 scorers, one of which was very well covered by Memphis. And when Durant did get the ball late, there wasn't much he could do (once again, he was very well covered).

Not saying Westbrook played well, just saying, alot of the blame is injust. I don't see how this game could make you say that he is a cancer or (worse) a Marbury/Francis type.

19. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I passed the blame on Brooks in the game thread and I'll continue to do it. I don't get Sefalosha. We've had plenty of discussions regarding Battier here and how he wasn't the greatest offensive players, and have talked about how it may have been that problem that caused us to play better when Budinger started. But Battier can at least hit 3's. Sefalosha does....... what, again, on offense? Yes, he's a good defensive player, but when you have Perkins and Ibaka, two frontcourt players who are iffy offensively, then it doesn't work.

Like I said, people blame Westbrook for not passing, but who was he supposed to pass it to? Memphis swarmed Durant whenever he got the ball, with Allen playing tight and one other Grizzly being close pretty much at all times. Ibaka, Perkins, and Sefalosha range from bad to pathetic offensively. And they should be contributing on defense, but they didn't. So Westbrook doesn't have good options. If the Thunder fired Brooks and got Adelman, they would win 60 at minimum. If they simply had Harden playing in the 4th, it probably could have prevented the run. We talk about the need for two-way players on this forum - the Thunder only have two out there in the last twelve minutes.

20. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Really?...

Just because Sefalosha, Ibaka, and Perkins are defensive players means they don't even touch the ball on offense?