1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Fox 26] Rockets sign Mike Harris to two-year deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rikesh316, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

Didn't see this posted but Berman reported yesterday that the Rockets signed former Rice Owl Mike Harris to a non-guaranteed two-year deal like the deal Kelenna Azubuike signed last year. He is a 6'6, 240 pound power forward who played last year in the NBDL and played for BC Kyiv the year before. Here some links with stats for him.

http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_f43ul...B01.season_2006.roundID_4588.teamID_5323.html

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/mike_harris/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=5653

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Woo Hoo, can I get in here before the jokes of more undersized PFs added to the roster? :p

3. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

Morey's approval rating declines by 3%.

4. D-Lite

D-Lite Contributing Member

before any of yall go crazy pissed over this signing.. u MUST rmr that this is a NON GUARANTEED contract.. meaning more than likely he will just be a training camp player

5. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

freakin unbelievable! makes me want to abandon the rockets and just support the comets. sike.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3j8OqQFZ5g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/m3j8OqQFZ5g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

7. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Interesting! Now, even the practise dummies need to be undersized!

8. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

This is what I am expecting from Morey!!!

9. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

You are making this up. No one can have negative rating! :mad:

10. LOSDOG

LOSDOG Member

Oh Lawd! Here we go... Do I need start a Yao Ming for Earl Boykins trade thread? :D

11. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

lol at one point in the you tube video he was backing on a point guard near the basket... who was the same hight :rolleyes:

12. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Undersized power forwards are always terrible...

[​IMG]

13. abundance

abundance Member

Ok, he is 6'6" in shoes. That makes him 6'4.5" without shoes. What happened to the trade and MLE?

14. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

looks like he has some spring to his step, but then again, maybe that's b/c everyone else in his video is a stiff.

no risk, possibly mediocre reward. i don't see how he's gonna pull all those rebounds when he's being boxed out by duncan and kg.

(splash)

15. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

they didn't want our PF to be bullied around in training camp, so they had to bring in smaller guys...can you imagine them bringing in a 6'11 PF to bang against Novak, Landry, etc...it would make them look stupid... :confused:

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He looks quick enough to play SF too. I saw him shoot a few 3s in that vid.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nothing wrong with signing a guy cheap to at least get a look at. who knows, he may surprise.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Are you people serious? It's a non-guaranteed deal. If he turns out to be a badass, we have him on the cheap for 2 years. If he sucks, we let him go for nothing. Seems like a win-win situation to me. With the success of Chuck Hayes on this team, you would think that you guys wouldn't worry so much about height. If he could give what Chuck did with more athleticism and scoring ability, I would be ecstatic. I'm not expecting it, but this is a no risk move.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I know it is non-guaranteed but is he the best PF in NBADL? could he have gotten someone better or at least bigger?

20. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

It's funny watching all these posters ignore you, D-Lite.

Non-guaranteed deal.

Guy is definitely small for a four, but looks like he has hops and is athletic. I'm curious to see him in the summer league. He signed with the Bucks at training camp last year and played in the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.