1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Which youngster would you hate to see leave in a trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Oct 25, 2014.

Tags:
?

Who would you hate to lose?

Poll closed Nov 1, 2014.
  1. Black

4 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Canaan

10 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. Capela

3 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Daniels

85 vote(s)
    33.7%
  5. Johnson

9 vote(s)
    3.6%
  6. Jones

37 vote(s)
    14.7%
  7. Motiejunas

28 vote(s)
    11.1%
  8. Papanikolaou

76 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Now that you have had a chance to see these guys play in NBA games..

Let's say a trade goes down, which player would you hate to lose the most?

Forget about who the trade is for...

Black
    Canaan
    Capela
    Daniels
    Johnson
    Jones
    Dmo
    Papa

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jones, Pap, Daniels, Black .... Johnson

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Just one

4. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

Everyone is hating on Jones, but they'll hate him more when he figures it out for another team and drops doubles nightly

5. AFS

AFS Member

I just wanna keep Daniels. I love watching him shoot. Has one of the best looking jumpers in the league.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Of the options, Jones is the only one who's proven a thing, so I'll say him. I'd be fine trading any of those guys though.

7. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Everyone one of them, I would trust daryold moreay to make this team better off with any trade. Even if it's harden/Howard it wouldn't be a move to put us back

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This poll never happened with Patrick Patterson's class....even with the cfnet confuscabatulusions promulgutated by the '09er infatuations ... go TWill!

Yet, that was before we knew what darren morley was capable of.

#8 heypartner, Oct 25, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
  9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Jones..easily. He's the only proven player with the highest upside to make an impact. Good or average at just about everything for his position. His problem is consistency, questionable motor, and zoning out at times on offense and defense.

Unfortunately, TJones is likely one of Dorell Muleray's biggest trade chip so he is probably a goner.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I really like T Jones, But Daniels with the assistance of an elevator screen can be a real asset. I would hate to see Daniels leave and blossom somewhere else. You have to be a little special when Lebron James is recruiting you for his super team.

I don't think Dorlan Morejunas will let Daniels go. Daniels will just take over when Terry is traded.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is already a serviceable role player... If he can explode, close the gap on his deficiencies he will be heck of a player... He is young enough to do so

12. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

D-Mo would be my pick. You can see from his flashes that he can score in the post, play good position defence and just knows what to do. I can see him having a very nice career where he averages over 15 points a game. He is also very fundamentally sound which helps longevity. Not only that but his game doesn't rely on athleticism.

1 person likes this.
  13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Troy Daniels because as soon as he gets under a average nba coach that has any sense... this guy will drop at least 8-10 3's a game just by running around through screens and picks in a better offensive setup.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Papa, but only because we haven't seen what Capela can do.

15. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Oh I bet...If he can close the gap and give the team about 5 or 6 more points a night, we'd be talking about WCF at minimum...not too worried if Jones is traded though because I trust that Playa del Rey Melrey.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with dmo and possibly nick johnson. I think once Nick J beefs up a bit he'll be great as a back up role. A 7 footer with a soft touch is just something you don't give away. He can play both 4 and the 5. 6'9 6'10 pf's are not very hard to find. One with legitimate height is not.

17. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Jones.

after that is Capella.

I'm fine with losing anyone else though.

18. DJ

DJ Member

Interesting how Jones is mentioned multiple times but only has 2 votes

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Kostas Papanikolaou is going to be special. If you trade him, it better be to win a championship. There is an extremely short list of players I'd rather have and none of the names are from the 2014 draft. Wiggins for K. Pap... no thanks. I literally mean that.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My vote goes to Daniels because we already learned once, with Robert Horry, that clutch shooting role players are not easy to find. Once you get your hands on one you do everything to keep him, so long as you're still paying him like a role player (and not a Chandler Parsons lol).