1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Woj] Royce White's battle with Rockets over anxiety disorder could cost him NBA career

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by azoghbi, Nov 16, 2012.

1. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

1 person likes this.
  2. tim562

tim562 Contributing Member

3. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Wow did he really use his anxiety order to force the rockets to give him more playing time? It is one thing to have this mental disease but to use it as a crutch to improve your place over people who are actually paying their dues? Get this loser outta here!

4. ironariza

ironariza Member

he is back
    anyway

5. teebone21

teebone21 Member

he should have been cut weeks ago when he started this s***

6. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I think it's also an unpleasant fact: Without playing time, he may really feel more pressure to cause anxiety. Morris is mentally healthy, and we all know how he feels about dleague last season. I don't blame him if he said so, but that's different from 'threatening'. This is complicated.

7. choujie

choujie Member

It doesn't really matter how much pressure he feels. If he can't handle that, for medical reason or whatever reason, he shouldn't be in NBA. He can try a different career. Rockets is a business, not his parent.

1 person likes this.
  8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Well, Morey wouldn't give up on him. In yesterday's interview Morey said team want him to succeed maybe more than Royce himself does.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Excellent article.

10. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

Not a fact. He is using his disorder as a short cut to get ahead. We all feel pressure to do well in our jobs. It's part of living. You don't get a free pass. Lazy piece of ****.

11. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Wow.. didn't know the situation was this bad.

White might be out of the league VERY SOON.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

one drama queen writing about another

13. choujie

choujie Member

"want him to succeed" still means White need to be able to handle the situation first, right? Nothing will be handed to him unless he earns it.

Plus, Morey won't get the organization into legal trouble by saying otherwise.

14. Prince

Prince Member

I didn't know he's this insane. too bad Morey's doctors didnt' catch it before the draft.

15. deshen

deshen Member

he is stupid, that's all I can say for him.

16. Rockets25

Rockets25 Member

This. Woj likes to exaggerate for effect.

17. daspydamayn

daspydamayn Member

this article makes me happy. what would make me happier would be some sort of apology from royce for his trainwreck of a twitter tantrum

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Houston pays for his rv and transportation??? WTH. He needs to apologize publicly. The team has already given a lot.

19. Glendelicious

Glendelicious Member

Seems to me twitter might be the biggest problem. If this stuff were just handled behind closed doors... But it's incredibly unprofessional to take this to twitter, especially when the Rockets are respectfully quiet. Really everything else in the situation I can write off as health management. White compared his requests with a player coming back from a knee injury, so fine, sometimes rehab you do well, and sometimes you have setbacks. He has a behavioral disorder and the setbacks are manifest in his behavior. It's something you work through. If only he'd just be quiet in public.

1 person likes this.
  20. Classic

Classic Member

had no clue.

Thanks Comcast & Rockets.