1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets: No McGrady timetable

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RMGEEGEE, Nov 10, 2009.

1. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Well.. This may be pointless...
    Feel free to lock if needed.
    Don't think this was posted yet.
    But I think this cancels out a bit of speculation.

Rockets: No McGrady timetable

The Houston Rockets say there is no timetable for the return of Tracy McGrady, despite the star saying he's got a date in mind.

"While we are all encouraged by the fact that Tracy's rehabilitation has been ahead of schedule, we must remain vigilant through the next stages of his recovery," the team said. "No timeline has been set for his return. He will return when team doctors, officials and Tracy all agree it is best. We will refrain from further public comments."

McGrady told Yahoo! Sports on Monday that he has targeted the Nov. 18 game against the Minnesota Timberwolves for his return from knee surgery.

"Excited to get back and compete at a high level again," McGrady reportedly said in an email to Yahoo! Sports. "For a full year I had to play on one leg against the best and I couldn't compete with anybody the way I was feeling. It's gonna be a relief to get out there and play knowing what I went [through] last season and this summer."

The seven-time All-Star underwent a risky microfracture procedure on his left knee on Feb. 24, and doctors said his recovery could take up to 12 months.

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey said at the end of September that McGrady would have an MRI exam Nov. 23, and the team would have a better feel for when he'd return after that.

The Rockets, who are also playing without injured center Yao Ming, are off to a 4-2 start this season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4640062

2. achilles005

achilles005 Member

I am confused about the contradiction between T-Mac's words and the following Morey's response in some respects.
    why is T-Mac calling for return so hurried? is it real that he is so urgent to prove himself regardless of his injury is not fully recovered now? what's his true purpose?

what's the announcement of Morey real mean? A: He really don't hope T-Mac is injuried again lest the hasty decision may mess up his contract OR B: He does't expect T-Mac's return destroys the chemical reaction of the new Rockets?

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Like DD said, he may be trying to screw Morey's trade talks with other teams, similar to what he did last year.

4. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Never believe those stupid reports. That so called email was not even written or sent by T-mac himself.

This is what reporters do for a living, I do not blame them, but I also do not believe them

5. rockets2

rockets2 Member

You cant possibily believe that :rolleyes: .

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Member

Selfishness :( :(

7. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

We dont need TM, now we are so good. If he plays, Im worry about our chemistry, hope he wont break it.

8. Tracy McGrady

Tracy McGrady Member

weird, mac said he'll be back in the court soon in his blog just yesterday...I will post it here when i get the ability to post threads.

9. Tracy McGrady

Tracy McGrady Member

10. matty101

matty101 Member

The 23rd is still soon. Its 2 weeks away. I for one think everyone is over-analyzing the situation. Yahoo say its an 'email' Tmac sent. Now, Yahoo is a pretty respectable source, but I've never heard of a player emailing the media randomly like that. (Remember its the first time he has allegedly spoken like this in a while, probably since training camp.)

It just all sounds a little bit fishy for me. As someone has said, this is the media we are talking about...

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Who would want a player that couldn't play? It seems to me a player's trade value would be greater if he was on the court vs. in a suit on the bench.

Stop listening to Rush Limbaugh, uh DD. :rolleyes:

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

That is the small picture, try looking at the situation as a business and things change dramatically.

DD

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's take Morey aside. Les is obviously keeping him for sentimental value.

14. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He's trying to make his stock in the offseason go up by making himself appear to be ready to compete again. He knows he wont be cleared to play, but came out and said he's ready anyway.

15. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Not really. T-Mac obviously makes the team better, and his name value would increase ticket sales. Win-win situation for Les.

16. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

Not if you are on the court hobbling while playing every OTHER game.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

player's salary paid by insurance, expiring contract...

18. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

that probably has a lot to do with it.

also, if tracy doesn't play then there's no tape on how much he sucks in a real game situation before we trade him.

better to let people be optimistic about the player they are getting. whatever they think he is capable is probably more than he'll actually do.

19. sbyang

sbyang Member

I don't buy that theory for a second.

Anybody that's interested in trading for him has to know that he's going to play this year. Just look at all the work he did in the summer. It's not like he was in a secret gym somewhere and no one knew his progress. He was training with Grover and other NBA stars. The Rockets even show videos of his rehab at games. It's ridiculous to for any team to think that Tracy is sitting out this year.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Just so you will stop listening to Rush, uh DD. I think Jonathan Feigen knows a liiiiiiittle more than DD. ;)

(They don't have a trade lined up. If the Rockets had a trade to make, I doubt they would say he was not ready if he was. -- Jonathan)