1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Larry Sanders On Why He Left

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PersianRocket, Feb 25, 2015.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/larry-sanders-exclusive-interview/
    There's a video in the article where he comes out and speaks about his decision. Can't help but feel bad for the guy. Looks like his heart was never in it.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm loving these "players tribune" articles, lots of good info out there

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sanders has been possessed by Royce White.

Wish him the best!

4. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

No worries, it's a zero sum game. There is one more person out there whose dream of playing in the NBA can now be fulfilled. Someone whose heart is in it.

5. Teen Wolf

Teen Wolf Member

He's a lucky young man that he's got enough money to be able to walk away from $20 Mil guaranteed. Best of luck to him in whatever he does.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Boo f***ing hoo.

A lot of us have jobs he don't love, and we sure as hell don't get paid like this to do it. If this really wasn't about money he wouldn't have taken that massive contract. Got his money, and then stopped doing his job, wish I could do that.

Jontro likes this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I like how he just drops that bit about cannabis in there then quickly moves on.

8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I get what he's saying by living with security doing something you do not really want and always wondering 'what if', but there's probably millions of people living like that. He just has the luxury to leave the NBA because he's already made so much money. Glad for him he can pursue his dream, but it's a little disrespectful at the same time. It's not like the choice was that hard given that he has the money already.

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

His heart wasn't in it? So his heart was "in it" up until he got that huge contract then all of a sudden his heart wasn't in it. Glad he left. Now there's a spot open to a player who actually deserves to be in the NBA.

VickMackey likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Lulz at everyone butt hurt over him as if he gave you a prostate exam or something.

D-rock and plutoblue11 like this.
  11. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RhnCna8DtEg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Jealousy and the projection.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I do think it is unfair that he took the money and then chose to leave the game. I wish him well, if his heart is not in the game, he needs to do something else and get help to straighten his life out.

14. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Your job doesn't require you to maintain your status as one of the best .1% in the world at what you do. And also, just like nobody is forcing you to stay at your job, nobody can force him to stay at his. Not everybody falls in love with the NBA lifestyle. Just like any job, the employer runs a risk of hiring someone who doesn't fit the organization well, and sometimes those decisions cost a lot of money. Mental health and happiness aren't quantifiable, and not everybody has the same parameters.

1 person likes this.
  16. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Wow. I applaud him. It takes a lot of courage to step away from his circumstances and do something people are not going to understand and look down on or bash him for. Sounded like he was trying to fit in the mold that others wanted him to be in and it made him miserable. The NBA wasn't HIS path and now he can pursue his true passion in life and have happiness and peace and do what is best for him and his family. Plus, it sounds like he wants to reach out and help others as well.

Good for him.

seopee and oelman44 like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My favorite part of his "Why I walked away" video...

[​IMG]

18. Granville

Granville Member

# Be Broke

19. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

I think he loves the reefer more so than making millions

20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm sorry, no sympathy for the guy and I don't want to hear the "It's no different than any normal person who doesn't like their job."

Yeah it is bro. I don't get to sign some fat contract with my company and then quit because I don't like it and just want to smoke weed and still get paid.

For people in the REAL world, if they decide they want to do something else with their life or discover who they are or smoke dope all day, they have to actually walk away from money. He didn't walk away from security. He conned someone out of tens of millions of dollars.