1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is saying Israelis should be moved Anti-Semetic?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...de-to-the-wild-scandal-rocking-britains-left/

Apparently a Labour MP (Britain) said the following:

She was accused of being Anti-Semitic for these remarks. I don't see criticism of Israel = anti-Semitic.

People on the right complain of the PC folks at college campuses. But what about here - isn't it a bit extreme to call someone Anti-Semitic for criticising israel?

2. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

No I don't think she was being anti-semitic but she was the one that wanted Trump banned from UK for hate hate speech, ain't karma a b****?

3. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

She compared them to Hitler, who used to slaughter every Jew under the age of 15 immediately upon their arrival at the camps. There are all kinds of people on "the left" who would object to this sentiment.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The alliance between left-wing fanatics and Islamists is mostly based on their joint sentiment of anti-semitism and hate of the USA.

What the left-wing idiots forget is that policies they otherwise claim to fight for, such as personal freedoms, rights of women and homosexuals, are abhorred by Islamists.

Of course she was anti-semitic. She is from Pakistan. Almost everyone there is. Most Muslims are. Even the pedophile warlord founder of the religious ideology murdered Jews already.

5. Exiled

Exiled Member

Zionism is a secular racial supremacy ideology so there is an awful similarity to Nazisim , mixed with practice of apartheid of former South Africa. the later extinct but zionism unfortunately running stronger than ever

she poorly expressed her views, but it is not like if it is a mandatory requirement for elected politician anyway to be qualified .moving Jews is not the best idea, they can live there like they been living for centuries without the savage barbarism and brutality, the first step should be at least to stop the blind support and cut undeserving reward to their behaviors.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fixed it for you.

7. Exiled

Exiled Member

Goyim :good job...now set, role, shake hand..

good boy.very impressive

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As ridiculous as that is, how is that anti-Semitic? People here compare Obama to Hitler - does that make them racist?

Or as another parallel, it's like criticizing the state of Pakistan and saying one is anti-Muslim just by that alone.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I would say, effectively, yes. And I also think the land grabs from Israel without regard for the welfare or rights of Palestinians is, effectively, racist against Arabs.

Israel has major symbolic importance to most Jews. Making this suggestion 70 years ago might have made sense as a political solution, but at this stage its nutty. You can't just uproot an entire country of people.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The the Arabs tried to take the land and Israeli's won. Its their land at this point unless the Arabs can take it back.

11. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

Imagine if I said that all of western India and Kashmir should be given to Pakistan, and all the non-Muslims could just move to England. Should anyone take me seriously? Or would it make more sense to jeer at me for being not only a bigot, but ungrounded in geopolitics.

1 person likes this.
  12. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

In a vacuum, the criticism of Israel (or any government for that matter) is not racist. Once there is more context involved, legitimate criticism can be separated from irrational hatred of a people. This thread, like any Israel/Palestine thread, is already at poisonous toxicity levels and is why I stay out of the D&D. So much life and time wasted arguing about problems instead of enjoying the present moment.

In my opinion with the limited context, her statements can be seen as "deport all Jews in Israel to America." This isn't a realistic scenario without many innocent Jewish and Palestinian people dying. How else can her statements be taken? I understand the frustration of zero progress. There's been none in my lifetime and it won't come from the leadership of either government.

Yes, my opinion comes from a Jewish person who supports a Jewish homeland more as a necessity due to over 2k years of discriminatory policy of many governments across Europe and Asia. It has more to do with this than my religious beliefs, which are personal. Are the Palestinians victims? Absolutely and it's not the fault of either side.

60+ years of psychological warfare from both sides has created the insanity of today. It's really sad that we see current and prospective leaders creating more problems by making statements before considering the aftermath. It's the opposite of leadership.

13. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

It's an old story:
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6IVKAAsqcrI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

If you compare Obama to Hitler you are not a racist. Uninformed, but not a racists. HOWEVER when you do that - the vast majority of the outspoken left WILL call you a racist.

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To say that a whole country should be dissolved and its population moved to somewhere else is basically ethnic cleansing. I think this is one of those areas that its borderline and similar to the dog whistle politics that we see often in US politics.

Leaving aside whether anti-Semitic or not this idea that either the Jewish population of Israel should just leave is completely unrealistic. Just as equally the idea that the Palestinian population should just leave and relocate to other Arab countries. Neither of these people are going to just leave.

16. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

^^This^^

When someone says "deport the illegal immigrants to Mexico" They are considered a racists

17. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

The conflict will end when Israel gives the Palestinians a reason to trust them and begins treating the populace as real Citizens of Israel...

AND..when the Palestinians QUIT putting their trust in terrorists like HAMAS and quit teaching their kids to Hate and attack Israelis

Unfortunately, neither side wants to budge. It's definitely up to the Israeli government to take the High road here and start making concessions..but it won't happen with the current administration.

Both sides feel like their victims..and they are correct. However, they're both the aggressor too.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

What I came to say. People should be free to criticize the nation and government of Israel. But, saying the whole country should be dissolved and all Israelis moved out is a recommendation of ethnic cleansing. The International Criminal Court and the UN recognize it as a crime against humanity. So, I think it is rather fair to call it anti-semitic. Israel, of course, is also practicing ethnic cleansing against the Palestinians. That really doesn't make the suggestion any more acceptable though.

19. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

No, it's Judeophobic.

20. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I agree with this. As someone born Jewish, I have never been the staunch and blind defender of Israel that many other Jews are. The Israeli government has done some horrible things as have the Palestinians. They both have equal amounts of blood on their hands.