1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The best candidate for us is Mark Jackson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hakeemthagreat, Apr 26, 2016.

1. hakeemthagreat

People keep throwing names out there like JVG. Why? Because we like his personality? JVG's tenure here was a failure. We never got out the 1st round, and had the worst, most predictable offense in the league (sound similiar:rolleyes:). The team slowed the game down to I think the least possessions of any other team. That is NOT how the league works today.

Mark Jackson is the BEST candidate for this job. The reason is because he's able to relate to his players, but also demands respect from them as well. GS got better every year he coached there. So would you rather take your chance on a washed up JVG, inexperienced college coach (Kevin Ollie), or a coach like Mark Jackson who's had very good success in his few years coaching? I'm aware his time in GS didn't end well with management. But imo part of that was him being a devout Christian, in one of the most "liberal" cities in this country. His Christian values would be more accepted here than anywhere else. But even if you don't like him personally he's PROVEN to be a very good coach. If I'm Morey he'd be my 1st choice

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Mark Jackson held back possibly the greatest team of all time.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Blessedly you are not DM the GM.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Uh... no?

Is there anything higher than "Hell no'?

5. Bo6

Bo6 Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. hakeemthagreat

They were a lottery team before he got there. Must we forget:rolleyes:

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Can we just sign JB to a 10 year $100 mil contract instead?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. txtodd

txtodd Member

Pastor Mark will have Harden following all the commandments, not just the ones that are easy

1 person likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Such Christian Values. Such Character. Such Leadership.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8108107/golden-state-warriors-mark-jackson-target-extortion-scheme

Keep him the heck away from this team. He stirred drama in the Warriors organization for his whole tenure. He may relate to players but so did McHale. Honestly McHale is a better coach than Jackson.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Mark Jackson had the same team that won the championship last year and broke the record for most wins this season.

JVG had the pleasure of having players like Ryan Bowen, Juwan Howard, Luther Head, and Chuck Hayes playing heavy minutes in the playoffs during his "failed tenure".

Mark Jackson may be a candidate, but there's no way he's a better option than JVG.

Another thing JVG haters continue to ignore is how much time JVG has spent watching the league transform from a "big man" league to a "run-n-gun" league and has repeatedly said that he would want a well-respected, elite-level offensive coach on his staff.

12. hakeemthagreat

Misleading sir

Please remember I watched the Rockets since World Be Free days, so I remember everything pretty much. Lets not forget JVG actually COVETED these type of guys. He didn't have any patient for young players. He wanted old washed up guys like Rod Strickland & Rick Brunson, or any old Knick players he could give a job too. That roster is the roster JVG sought out smh

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Playing father figure didn't go so great for Mark Jackson in Golden State. Harden would walk all over him. Or, rather, walk away from him.

Hell. No.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes, the best candidate for us is Mark Jackson. As an assistant to JVG.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

I seriously don't think i could root for this team anymore if we hire Mark Jackson. I hate him. I hate his ******* face with his ******* pointy ears. I can't stand his stupid voice. I have nightmares with "hand down, man down" playing over and over again.

NO. Word was he burned every bridge in the Warriors organization and everyone was glad to see him gone and with relatively the same roster, they win 69 and 73 games the following seasons without him.

Mark Jackson can rot with the Kings. That's where he belongs.

16. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

in my thread i actually just put him on our list of possibilities, but i'm really against the idea.

he checks off a lot of boxes that the rockets are looking for, but comes with a lot of red flags as well. there are better options out there.

i think its pretty silly to assume his departure from gsw was due to religion or liberal vs conservative values. it was because he had poor management skills (showed favoritism to some players and pissed other ones off / got into a power struggle with assistant coaches and front office execs). he was a divisive force rather than a uniting force.

in short, the coaching is fine. he's a typical defensive minded demanding coach, which we need. little offense, but that can be overlooked since morey's influence with analytics will take over that end. i'd put him in the same group as hollins, clifford, malone, and skiles. the problem is the management skills is equal to karl and fisher, just drama waiting to happen.

i get not wanting a retread coach like JVG. i actually do want him, but can see the appeal in a new shiny coach. i see jackson as an upgrade (everyone is an upgrade at this point), but i think there are better options out there with walton, messina, ollie, boylen, mcmillan, pinkney, griffin etc... who can all be around as good with no drama.

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

18. ibm

ibm Member

so why was he let go if he's doing so well? i didnt get it then, and still dont get it today.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

*hits blunt*

"Dude...the Rockets should like...they should like hire Mark Jackson or something..."