1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

OK JB, you disagree with Howard, so fix it!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Apr 26, 2016.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Today in the Chronicle I was reading Jonathan Felgin's article titled "Howard hints egos get in the way of achievements". I am sure I am not the only one who was cheering "FINALLY!" when Harden and the team were getting the alley oops to Howard in the first half. I am also sure I wasn't the only one using a few different words of choice in reference to the same scenario NOT happening in the second half. Howard didn't even score a single point in the 3rd quarter.

JB do your damn job!!!!! I am seeing us go back to missing 3's instead of driving it in, getting the ball to Howard, and forcing the Warriors to back off to avoid getting in foul trouble. We had that going first half then reverted back to what just isn't working. Stop letting the players play stupid ball and coach them! I am sick of watching us blow a lead and playing stupid ball.:mad:

1 person likes this.
  2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Yep... been saying this for a while...

T_Man

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

cmon, you know jb. this is what he does best. u gotta be patient and wait till the offseason. he's not gonna magically turn into a good coach in one playoff game, let alone in the playoffs. thats an extremely tall order for the worst coach the in league and from the looks of it, one of the worst assistant coaches in the league

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That loss was the hardest to stomach yet! To see everything we were doing right get thrown out the window after the half during a game of such importance just pisses me off.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He has had the entire season to fix it, and hasn't...a good dose of PINE would have sorted this out.....

Too late now.

DD

6. houtown

houtown Member

I think when the team has a lead, the team is better served by dumping it down to the post to Donatas Motiejūnas or Howard on the move during the game.

They have the big men to slow the game down when they have the lead, but yet they resort to unnecessary shots from the perimeter which lead to fast break points for the other team, not only helping them get back into the game, but playing into the other teams strengths and helping them gain a rhythm through missed shots and turnovers on the court.

So instead of telling your team to go go go, or run run run, it may be better to slow the game down SOMETIMES when you have the lead and a good post player on the floor, to be able to get back on defense and make it harder for the other team to get back into the game.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

too late to fix it

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

JB will fix it when his career is over

9. alethios

alethios Member

Something must have been said at halftime. That, or the Warriors actually played better to start the 2nd half.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Harden controls the ball...apparently players don't trust/like Howard...so yeah, what do you want JB to do? Grab a uniform?