1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Memo to the team hopefully you read

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Feb 19, 2016.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

No one believes in "us" absolutely no one, including plenty of HOUSTON "fans"

Dwight: I know it's been difficult dealing with rumors and losing, but it's time to put that aside and seek that 1 goal we all want. It is time to rebound the hell out of the basketball, block, play defense, make free throws,set hard picks and roll, and just freaking dominate. Don't worry about getting the ball in the post. Those mismatches will happen and you'll get your opportunities. No more laughing, joking around, be serious when you are out there, be fierce and the fun will follow naturally. No more stupid fouls. No more putting your head down when things are going south, just go to the next play, and let your teammate know it's ok. Trust me the fun will come. Time to get serious and pursuit.

Harden: You can score at will, but you settle a lot of the time. You can practically go to the hole whenever you want, but you choose to settle for a fade away step back jumper. No more lazy passes, be smart, you have great vision. Use it every time. Don't do those bounce passes, limit your Turn overs. When you are on, you are on!! on fire!!! It's a thing of beauty, and I know you know when that is. Don't settle for those step backs, attack attack attack. Don't ever take a play off on defense, help your teammates out. Never lose sight of your man, never. Don't celebrate after a 3 in the middle of a game, if it's a sure win, you have reason to. Otherwise, what are we celebrating? LET'S GO!! PURSUIT

Coach: Hold your guys accountable. I think I have seen it once where the starters weren't in it and you pulled them out. Good move. You have a bench for a reason, use it. Trust me, those guys want to play so bad and will bring energy, I know from experience. If a player misses an assignment, get on their ass, during a time out or free throw break, you take him to the side and you let him know what he did wrong, so he can correct it. No matter who it is, there's no favoritism. They may not like it at first, but discipline is key in a championship team. I trust you will make the right moves, PURSUIT!!

Rest of team: Wake up!!! Bev, I love the passion, but where's the Mr. 94ft.? Where's that bulldog that stopped every guard? We need him. Your passion is there my man, but something is missing, but I'm sure you'll find it. Clint, you are young, and learning. Great progress. Defensive help from weakside is great. But you miss too much around the rim. Bring that freaking rim down, use that athleticism!!! Work on those FTs, don't settle, be the last in the gym just shooting, it'll come. Montrezz, great energy!! you'll get your opportunity I'm sure. Keep that energy up and work on a jump shot, you'll have a long career. Loads of talent, Ariza,JET,Brew,JOSH,Jones.... you all just need to come together, look left look right and realize that is your brother in battle. No pointing fingers, just help.
    F the warriors and every other team in the league, it's ours to lose. Time to get serious and time to chase what we want.
    PURSUIT!!!!

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't read that wall of text but maybe the players will!

1 person likes this.
  3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

4. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

There is a place for a harden step back jump shot. It's a thing of beauty. I gots no problem with a 3 pt "gang sign." NO prem at ALL as long as he gets back on D.

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

6. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I know most of you all are kids, pretty young, and don't remember the clutch city days. Hakeem didn't boast, he didn't do anything but play as did the rest of the team, and they played as a unit.
    So if you want to post your funny gifs, memes what not, that is fine with me, I wrote this for me and how I felt, and hopefully it reaches the team. I'm a fan that will stick with the team through thick and thin.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Ok. I'll forward this link to Mauri's e-mail. I'll also tweet him, myspace him, share it on his facebook, take a pic and put it on snapshot, instagram this

Hopefully it reaches the team.

8. topfive

topfive CF OG

You forgot one...

ClutchFans: Posting poorly written manifestos and "letters to" key figures in the team's corporate offices is absolutely pointless, because the only people who will ever read them are other die-hard fans, many of whom don't even agree with your dead-certain take on things. And your self-righteous rant will only be read in full by the subset comprised of ClutchFans members who have no jobs.

Seriously, I don't mean to be snarky (okay, really I do), but look at it this way: If you were James Harden, would you really want to waste any of your time listening to people, who would love to do what you do but don't have anywhere near the talent, tell you exactly what you're doing wrong?

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Constructive criticism is always appreciated no matter your field. It's what humbles a person. Maybe he doesn't care what his fans think, maybe he does, but who are you to decide what he chooses? I wrote it as a fan, whether it gets to them or not is not in my control and I'm fully aware of that. But what I wrote is how I feel as a fan. Be snarky if you want, doesn't bother me, I'll go about my day and watch the game later. I'm a grown man older than every p layer on the team except Jet, so I can take criticism and snarkinesd

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, no one believes in the Rockets because no one should believe in the Rockets.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Those who matter, don't mind.

Those who mind, don't matter.

LOL

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the team reads out posts?
    MOREY! WTF ARE YOU DOING? YOU GUYS DONT HAVE THE BRAINS TO IMPLEMENT A REAL SYSTEM WITH REAL COACHES?
    WHY DIDNT YOU KEEP THE TWO TIME CHAMP JOEL ANTHONY?
    HELP ME, IM PANICKING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH