1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. haydenfisher342

With the line up we have right now, I have completely forgotten Kevin Martin. Who do you think we can get for him? Think we can get a mid market player for just Kevin Martin w/o messing with our core lineup? See us losing him in the draft to get higher? Or would you like to give him one more chance?

2. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

first round pick.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Right now I feel like draft players are being overvalued.

I feel like it would be a better trade to try and get someone on a bad team who could help a good team for Kevin Martin

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

I bet he has completely forgotten you too.

5. haydenfisher342

damn that was clever

6. haydenfisher342

Like who? Im thinking a SF or C that can finish at the rim

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I don't think they are overvalued but I think some players just take longer to develop and some are only good for certain environments.....

As usual superstar players or star players are a few and certainly are probably taken before the 14th pick.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Thank you. I try to please.

1 person likes this.
  9. torque

torque Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. This draft is getting hyped waaaaay too much.

Honestly, I have a feeling Lee is going to bolt, especially if we spend all our time and $$ resigning Dragic. Why not just keep Martin and play him 25 minutes a game. With Dragic and Lowry picking up 35 mins each.

Dragic / Lowry
    Martin / Dragic
    Parsons / Morris
    Scola / Pat / Donuts
    Camby / Dalembert

Looks like a pretty great team to me.

10. haydenfisher342

/facepalm

11. VBG

VBG Member

I feel like there was a point where they were definitely undervalued and people threw away future firsts. But right now, EVERYONE is trying to stock up draft picks.

I'm all for trading Kevin Martin but if we get back like a 15th pick, it's just not worth it

12. jocar

jocar Member

Not easy to find someone who can put up 20+ a game at will. Maybe he won't be as butthurt about the failed trade when he gets back.

13. haydenfisher342

I think I remember a tweet or something from DM saying he was going to make sure Lee is coming back next year. Hes restricted too, so I dont think hes gone, im biased though

14. haydenfisher342

So far no one wants him next year haha, no more chances huh

15. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Keep him if other teams are lowballing him.

Think about it. If he returns to his previous ways he'd be a very, very solid backup SG behind Lee, who has definitely earned his starting spot due to his defense and consistent shot.

16. thething

thething Contributing Member

He seems to be undervalued on this board since he's had a bad year.

Just awhile back people were saying he should be an all-star and that he was one of the most efficient offensive players in the game.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Trading Martin for what the Rockets need to get back for him will be extremely difficult.

If the Rockets are going to dump Martin for something along the lines of a draft pick, then the team they are dealing with better have either a massive trade exception, or have alot of cap space to make up. I dont think its going to be the latter.

If the Rockets are going to keep both Lee and Dragic and pay them well... they have to find a way to get rid of Martins contract without taking back alot of salary in return.

Morey has focus heavily on having cap flexibility going into this summer for a reason, and I dont think he realized that Goran Dragic would be the star he was going to have to use it on.

18. haydenfisher342

Im down to have him as a back up too, as long as we keep dragic lowry scola parsons and lee

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He had his best year for us last season and then right after Morey tried to ship his ass out to the wasteland of New Orleans without giving him any heads up. Then he got injured multiple times and was completely ostracized by fans. Rough.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

In Soviet Russia, Kevin Martin forget you. :)