1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ty Lawson: Idiot?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Carl Herrera, May 30, 2009.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

http://blogs.indystar.com/pacersinsider/archives/2009/05/checking_in_fro.html

1. "Need one to come in" probably means "third string rookie to be possibly developed for future" and not "We aren't happy with our guys and think you may be better."

1. Telling the world that Pacers management suggested they aren't not happy with the PG sure will endear you to managements around the league.

2. I'm sure Lawson is now Jack and Ford's favorite rookie.

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Well if they draft him that means Jack will probably be traded. Why would a team like the Pacers draft Lawson if they are satisfied with their PG situation? It's not like we are talking about a team that made the playoffs.

Plus he said "I don't know if they're happy with them"

It is not a big deal at all

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not sure what part qualifies him as an idiot. I actually love when athletes tell the truth.. nice to hear what management is thinking without the PR filter. Lawson would be a good fit for that Indy team, considering they like to get up and down the floor.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Much ado about nothing. What's idiotic is the overreaction by the OP.

5. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Wait a minute. You have two number 1's on your list. Who's the idiot? JK

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting for us, but probably wasn't the smartest move on Lawson's part. Teams may hesitate to draft a guy who mouths off stuff like this and ruins any potential leverage they have. Not exactly idiot, though.

Teams don't draft players in the lottery to play 3rd string.

More than likely, the Pacers are just doing diligence on a player with a decent shot to be around where they pick, and could possibly be BPA. In the event they trade the pick, they'd need to know what they're trading.

7. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

Can't expect much IQ wise from UNC players

3> Battier.

8. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Nice Burn.

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

I don't see how this justifies you calling Lawson an idiot. It may have not have been the best response, but it's hardly what you're making it out to be. You're overreacting big time on this in my opinion

10. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Naw, they got Tinsley. :rolleyes:

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Heh, my bad.

I agree overall. It probalby isn't has horrible as I first thought it was, but you do put the team executives in an awkward position. Imagine the phone call Larry Bird gets from Ford and Jack's agents.

I don't think Lawson will be worth a lotto pick-- or will be a lotto pick. We'll see. And lotto picks do end up buried, maybe not what they intend to do, outside of the rotation. Darko, anyone?

12. LongTimeFan

:rolleyes:

I guess you should just expect championships from them.

13. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

A team of brainless grunts can still win the college championship.

Hansbrough, Lawson, Ellington, Green.

All decent/borderline NBA talent; besides Hansbrough is a beast in college, and will be crap in the NBA.

14. LongTimeFan

So you gave up on calling UNC players dumb and just went to attack Tyler's NBA ability. I guess that means you lose. Thanks for playing!

[​IMG]
    *Note: this doesn't apply to Noob Cake, as he never attended Duke, just t-shirt bandwagons.

15. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

JR Smith, Lamar Odom
    /thread

UNC fans can't even spell Duke right.

I know UNC fans feel insecure about where they attend college; no hard feelings.

By the way, where I attend college (or not) doesn't really concern you.

16. LongTimeFan

Yeah, we feel real insecure about being a public school in the top 30. :D

I don't care where you did or didn't attend college. I just think it's funny that you don't have anything truly vested in either school, but still feel the need to "be a Duke fan" in a thread. I'm okay with people picking sides - I kind of don't understand the ones who hate both. To me, you always have to pick a side. For example, I'll take the Red Sox winning over the Yankees. But you won't see me going into a Yankee thread and completely making fun of them in favor of the Sox.. I just don't have anything vested in either.

What's funny about JR Smith was he was supposed to come to Carolina the year McCants, May and Felton won the national championship. You might have had a jab at Carolina then, but then again 'ole Roy would've straightened him up. :)

17. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

I do have something "vested" in one school. I rather not argue on a Rockets forum; we are all Rockets fans.

Rockets fan first
    Duke fan second
    UNC hater third