1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Degen Gambling Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by el gnomo, Feb 24, 2013.

Tags:
  1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Self explanatory. Any and all NBA related gambling discussion. GO!

1 person likes this.
  2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

So you say VI has Dallas as a 3 point fav... seems about right. Gotta figure squares will be ALL OVER a chance to get LA plus points. Lakers have been terrible on the road and Dallas has been 8-2 ATS last 10. Might be a good spot to bet Dallas, depending on what it actually opens at or moves to.

3. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

dallas over
    knicks under
    kings over
    griz under
    heat over
    okc under
    BOOK IT

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

What numbers are you using for Dal, Kings, and Griz? Those lines aren't available yet on my book...

5. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

its on vegas insider, dallas at 210, kings at 200.5, griz isnt out yet but it should be a under play.

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I went from completely sharp with this bet:

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

to completely square with this one:

[​IMG]

I don't know what I'm missing, but I don't see how the Warriors lose, which means that they'll probably lose, lol. Golden State is pretty bad on the road, but I think they match up well with the T-Wolves. I had them +3.5 vs the Spurs the other night. They've put together a couple of good games and they look like they are over their slump, but we'll see.

Here's that 49ers futures bet I was telling you about. Needless to say I was upset when they lost. Hopefully they win it all next year:

[​IMG]

A couple of my better moments here... Picking OKC to win the West last year and picking Miami to win it all:

http://oi46.tinypic.com/zjv7z6.jpg

http://oi45.tinypic.com/24p9yx5.jpg

As far as Lakers vs Mavs, I don't trust the Lakers at all. I would stay away from that game unless you go with the over. I do like OKC-Bulls game under due to Chicago's solid d and poor o. I like NO-Sac under too because of the Hornets' style of play. But the Golden State square play is all I have for tomorrow so far.

I get my numbers from here:

www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/

7. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

Where do you guys bet?

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

So I pan fried the lamb 3 minutes a side. Salt and pepper only and used olive oil to fry.

Sauce, didn't have port so I had to do my own thing:

Minced garlic
    Thin sliced mushrooms
    Butter
    Grape Juice (had to cut sweetness so I adjusted with: )

Curry powder
    Red wine vinegar
    Italian dressing
    more salt and pepper
    thyme
    rosemary (cut off my bushes)
    fresh parsley
    liquid smoke
    red pepper flakes
    yogurt
    orange juice premixed with gin

It was not the ideal ingredients because red wine or port would have worked much better, but it worked out. I used about 1/4 cup of grape juice and I would have cut back to a 1/3 of that if i did it again. All in all, great recipe and I thank you for a lovely meal!

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Glad I slept in and didn't wake up in time to bet either of the first two games lol... Golden St looks like they're going thru the motions, but hopefully they'll pull it out in the 4th. I believe that's how the last game they played @MIN went.

Only play for me so far is Cavs/Heat OVER 205.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I bet online thru America's Cardroom.

11. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Damn chef, sounds like you watch Food Network too, lol. Glad it worked out for you! I'll be sure to hit you up if I need a recipe for something.

12. Kwame

I'm chalking this one up as a loss. I knew it too, because that line was too good to be true. If it looks like a trap then it probably is and they got me with that sucker line. I thought the squares would win this one just like they won a lot of games yesterday...oh well, on to the next one. I like Cavs/Heat over, but the only thing that concerns me is if Miami turns up their defensive intensity, Cleveland may have problems scoring. The Heat should be able to score easily unless they decide to take the day off like the Warriors. I might take the Spurs to cover later on today.

Lol @ the recipe in the middle of a gambling thread.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Not yet... it's a 2 pt game with 4:38 left... GS has looked a bit lazy and sloppy since I tuned in, but if they play it clean from here on out, they should be able to steal this one.

The Heat coasting is one of the reasons I like the over... seems like a game where they won't bring the full intensity and slack off. Cleveland + all those points is enticing too, but it's tough betting against the Heat on a 10 game streak...

The recipe talk is bc he asked for the recipe in the game thread lol.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ugh, you got robbed... freaking Barnes and Bazemore both going 1/2 on FT's at the end... and if Jack didn't fall over for no reason, he would've been shooting the FT's (over 85%) instead of Bazemore (60%).

15. Kwame

Yup, them the breaks though... What can you do other than move on and put it behind you... Sometimes the ball bounces in your favor and other times it doesn't. It was a good game, both teams played hard, lol.

On a related noted, I thought there would be more interest in a thread like this from the CF community, but I guess not.

16. poing

poing Member

my action for today:

Los Angeles Lakers +3 vs Dallas Mavericks
    Golden State Warriors -1 vs Minnesota Timberwolves
    Philadelphia 76ers +11 vs New York Knicks
    San Antonio Spurs -9½ vs Phoenix Suns
    Portland Trailblazers -2 vs Boston Celtics
    Oklahoma City Thunder -9 vs Chicago Bulls
    Miami Heat -13 vs Cleveland Cavaliers
    Memphis Grizzlies -2½ vs Brooklyn Nets
    New Orleans Hornets -7 vs Sacramento Kings

I'm a big square. I've been spread betting this season just for fun, but I've been fortunate to hit on 55.6% so far this season.

17. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I had Lakers money line, Warriors -1, Phily -10.5, Grizz money line, and a parley of Lakers money line, GS money line, Mem money line. Hopefully the Griz win. :D

18. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

home dawgs + for the long run $

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Good start for you! Bet every game on the slate... you're a true action junkie degen, huh? :grin:

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Good start for you, too! Griz should be able to close out that parlay for you.