1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you watch tonight's game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Jul 11, 2003.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

1) Can you get NBA TV w. Time Warner Digital in Houston? It seemed like it used to be channel 600, but now it is called NBA Pass Preview.

2) How else can you watch it?

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Find a bar that has DirecTv and gets NBA-TV

3. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I have digital time warner here in Houston and all I get on 600 is some league preview crap. this sucks man.

hey, you guys who are getting the game start a game thread will ya..and give us some detailed game updates, please.

4. ron413

ron413 Contributing Member

These are the directions for watching the game online that I posted in another thread. Hope this helps:

There is a standard offer from Real.com for a free two week trial for the Superpass. Then there is a deal that you pay for which is a pro-rated Inside Ticket package in addition to the free Realplayer and that came to $1.98 that they may or may not charge my credit card after the two week deal expires. Just complain to customer service by phone and they usually give you the world, or at least another month free if you do it right. But you may have to do the Superpass thing online, and then call customer service and have them add Instant Ticket (IT) because of logistical reasons. Very easy process and I have watched a little bit of the Summer Pro League in Long Beach the last two nights. Good quality if you have a decent internet connection, that is the only issue.

http://www.real.com/index.html?mode...3partners_nba_1
    http://www.real.com/partners/nba/?s...th=CNT&rsrc=nba

5. Truth

Truth Member

Is it going to come on the NBA League Pass Preview Channel? Because I dont see an actual "NBA TV" channel. Or maybe this is it ... awwww hell.

6. Manuel Romney

Manuel Romney Contributing Member

I had Time Warner's digital cable up until Wednesday. But when I found out that NBATV was going to televise a Rockets game, and some Cleveland games, I went ahead and ordered a satellite from the DISH NETWORK.

Anyways, I'll watch the game and let yall know if Malick is any good. I'm pretty good at judging basketball talent.

7. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

I have direct tv and I had to buy the total sports package which is $10 more bucks a month I will have it through summer league and I will cancel. I'am taping the game and if you guys request it I will give a report of the game.

8. BRANMAn

BRANMAn Member

what a b*stard, in order to get that challen u have to subscribe to EVERTYING, it isnt just a part of a 5 buck sports package.

9. ron413

Are you talking about the cable tv package? Cause I know it took me 5 minutes max to get the stuff completed online with the Real Players Superpass package I mentioned above. I just saw Juaquin in a pre-game interview and he has the home court advantage because he played at Long Beach State. The feed quality is excellent if you have high speed modem. Announcer also said the place is sold out...

10. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

Maybe the Laker fans think Malone and Payton are playing. :)

11. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

ron i just downloaded the realpass and now i can't even watch the game. How did you get to it?

12. B

B Contributing Member

Ron,

All I'm getting is the Dallas game when I click on the Houston link.

B

13. ron413

You have to order the Inside Ticket thing, it is a special package in addition to the Superpass. The Rockets have not started yet, the Dallas game is running late. So Rockets game should start no earlier than 15 minutes from now. Use the second link I provided above, you may need to call in your order real quick to make sure. it is $2 max.

14. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

The Houston game will follow the Dallas game.

15. B

B Contributing Member

Thanks guys, I was about to go crazy.

B

16. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

i got it ron, thanks.

you know, we pretty much have no life when it is a friday night and we are scrambling to order the nba inside pass to watch a summer league game w/a bunch of scrubs

i wear my badge proudly.

17. ron413

Hey, I was not scrambling. I got mine done 3 days ago :)