1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans Selected for Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HR Dept, May 27, 2015.

1. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

has anyone else seen the texans announcement on houstontexans.com??
    i dont know if i buy it... neither smith nor mcnair seemed excited about it lol

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Huh? HBO cameras were already there filming at the OTA's. Its most definitely happening.

3. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

You dont buy what?

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I think he means that he doesn't buy that McNair, Rick and BoB actually volunteered for the show but that instead it was forced on them to participate this season.

5. Newlin

Newlin Member

Should be interesting. Looking forward to seeing our star players get some national exposure. Watt, Clowney, Foster, and Bullock in the limelight.

6. the shark

the shark Member

Bullock is a star?

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think he meant that Bullock has the mass and gravitational pull of a star.

2 people like this.
  8. Indaface

Indaface Member

I wanna see a Bullock and Wilfork buffet-off

9. Houston79Astro

Clap clap clap clap Clap well done.

10. Victorious

Victorious Member

i love this. fans always cry about texans not getting any national media love. well, we got our own reality show now.

11. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

He is gonna give Joey Chestnut a run for his money this year.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd feel better about myself if I didn't know who Joey Chestnut was.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Really looking forward to this.

I can't believe there are people who have HBO but have never seen this show. I look forward to it every year. Last year was the first time it was kind of boring, because.....well, it was the Falcons.....

For those who have never seen it, they actually spend much of the time following guys who are on the bubble - many who don't even make the team. So I wouldn't worry about other teams stealing our plays, etc. (LOL)

14. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I bet Louis Nix gets a lot of camera time.

15. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought last year's was hilarious. They start the show with the narrative of the Falcons needing to be tougher and then Mike Smith gives them the OK to remove their pads during practice due to the heat.

Then there was the painfully awkward moment of Matt Ryan telling that joke. You know the guy he was telling it to was thinking "Man this joke sucks, but the cameras are rolling".

16. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if they'll reference Swearinger and that situation or ignore it. Could make for a good set up to demonstrate B'OB's demands and expectations.

17. Indaface

Indaface Member

Don't feel bad, Joey Jaws is a national hero

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont even think it matters what team they choose, it's a thoroughly entertaining show...just seeing the process unfold, rookies get acclimated to life in the NFL, the behind-the-scenes talk of the front office, etc... Awesome show.

Now that the Texans are on it, my enthusiasm is off the charts. Im REALLY wanting to see WTF Rick Smith does on a daily basis. Hopefully we will all get some clarity on his role with the team. :grin:

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Uhm... it'll be ignored. He's inconsequential. Andre Johnson, otoh, will figure into it - they'll almost certainly focus on WR and their attempt to find AJ's replacement.

And, yeah, sure - JJ will be on there. But if I were betting man, I'd put my money on Wilfork emerging as the defensive mouthpiece. The stars - unless they're just giant personalities - tend to be sidelined. (I think Wilfork will prove a giant personaility.) The Falcons season didn't really focus on Ryan, or White/Jones... as ima said, they tend to focus on rookies and guys at the bottom of the depth chart, fighting for a roster spot.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the negative is that it'll be harder to hold on to guys that might not make the roster simply because of a numbers game. Guys like Travis Labhart last year or Ez Nwachukwu will have suitors if they don't make the squad due to greater exposure.