1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Grade the combined 2013/2014 Texans Draft

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Bandwagoner, Oct 10, 2014.

1. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Bonner has been hurt, not cut.

2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ballentine is also still on the roster.

3. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

This is amazingly putrid. Go ahead and add this years draft. If he doesn't hit on every single pick, which is a long shot, the three year track record is maybe as bad as anything I have ever seen from any GM in any sport. Ever.

4. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I'd say the past 6 years of drafting for the T-Wolves has been worse.

5. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Another 2013 draft class stat: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> are the only team that had at least 2/3rds of their class take 0 snaps for them, per <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo">@ESPNStatsInfo</a></p>&mdash; Tania Ganguli (@taniaganguli) <a href="https://twitter.com/taniaganguli/status/597866524121047040">May 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Ehh, I'd say a solid 2nd or 3rd worst in history of sports so Rick Smith still has some room to get worse.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

And I'm sure Bob will give him the time to make that dream a reality! :grin:

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'll be honest, that entire draft class looks a bit unimpressive. Who would you guys have rather taken?

Eddie Lacy, Tyrann Mathieu and Terrance Williams are the names that jump out the most

10. Buck Turgidson

They're not even the worst in the history of Houston sports. The Astros drafts from '00-3 under Gerry Hunsicker produced the following players:

Chad Qualls (2nd rd)
    Eric Bruntlett (9th rd)
    Chris Burke (1st rd)
    Matt Albers (23rd rd)
    Scott Feldman (41st rd, didn't sign)
    Michael Bourn (19th rd, didn't sign)
    Drew Stubbs (3rd rd, didn't sign)

That's the only 7 guys that had more than a cup of coffee in the bigs, out of 200ish players. Those drafts were the biggest reason the Stros began their descent into suck in the late 2000's.

11. conquistador#11

c- with potential for an A-, still too early.

Wouldn't you trade a 3rd rounder and a fourth rounder plus your late first rounder to move up for a talent like dez bryant? Hopkins averaged 2014 dez bryant numbers in his second year as a starter withFITZIE at qb and keenum who ignored him the last three games, imagine what he could do with a romotype.
    Quessenberry had talent to be the starter til cancer happened. Bouye played better than every other DB chosen in the 2,3,4,5th,6th rounder in the entire NFL class. I guess you could have taken ladavian Bell.

And griffin? let's not touch the TEs til we have a qb that can see the entire field.
    Jones is making plays for the Patriots. Just like BOB cut swag, Kollar didn't think jones was the he was looking for. And Kollar knows D line, B.o.b wanted kollar to stay with us.

The 2014 is maddening because of the injury that shook our first pick.
    sua filo? To expect a rookie guard to start on a new system, when it takes a couple of seasons to completely grasp the offense is a lot to ask for. And what was wrong with ben jones drafted late taking over for him ? with a name like Sua filo is there any question he is going to fail? he'll come around.
    pagan, blue, prosch, hal will all be in the rotation.

12. Remii

Remii Member

Too early to judge the 2014 draft but so far they get an F...

13. Mr. Clutch

Someone asked for this...

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I was hoping for the 2013 grades only :(

15. Mr. Clutch

I don't want to make the mods mad by bumping more threads, but I dont think anyone made a poll.

Here's the 2013 draft thread:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=232212&highlight=2013+draft&page=63

And here's a gem:

I guess they were half right?