1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Pick - NFL.com

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Wattafan, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Tried this last year on another forum and it was a lot of fun.
    Here's your chance to strut your stuff and show your prowess as a picker.
    Winner gets bragging rights.
    The group is CLUTCHFANS and the password is Watt.
    Enjoy!

2. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

3. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to do it when I have a little more time, but I'm going to call my shot here for the Texans so I can get it in first. At #16 with big names like Gregory, Gurley, and others still on the board the Texans cause a major, Robert Horry/Harold Minor level freakout with people threatening to murder Rick Smith and select:

Owamagbe Odighizuwa - UCLA

#1 - He's a freaky athlete - in a previous post I detailed that he compared favorably to Dante Fowler across the board at the combine.

#2 - Beyond the pass rush skills, he apparently is a beast in run defense. Texans are replacing the strong side guy in Brooks Reed, and the coaches gushed about everything about Reed outside of the most important thing. To me, Odighizuwa looks like the closest thing to Reed with an ability to get after the QB. Maybe not with the 1st tier guys like Gregory or Beasley, but good enough to get his share, especially if Clowney what he should. And the team thinks highly enough of Mike Vrable to think that he can "fix" his deficiencies which, as stated aren't physical, but rather about technique.

#3 - I'm guessing Dupree, Ray, and Beasley are all long gone by 16.

and finally

#4 - Apparently he's both a figurative choir boy and a literal team captain and leader - intangibles off the charts, which fans always underrate in draft projections.

#3 Ottomaton, Apr 25, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  4. Nimo

Nimo Member

Can we just do it here on the board and we all have to give rep to whoever guesses right?

5. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

Texans I'll go Trae Waynes, CB, MSU

6. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I have a feeling he wont be there at 16. I'd be ecstatic if he fell to the Texans though. JJoe is getting old, he'd be a pretty good replacement.

7. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

With a crap ton of luck, I'm going to go with Vic Beasley, OLB, Clemson.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Dion Jordan getting suspended means Miami will draft a DE. Screws my draft, I had Gurley going there.

9. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I don't think losing Jordan is going to even be a blip on the radar for Miami. Last year he played 16 games, but only 1 start and registered one whole sack and 20 tackles without an assist.

The closest match statistically on the Texans for what Jordan did for Miami both in terms of games played/starts and tackles/sacks, you actually get a really good match with Tim Jamison.

Miami can drop a 4th rounder on someone like Anthony Chickillo and it will be an upgrade.

If anything, I think it'll affect Shane Ray and Randy Gregory more than what the Dolphins do.

10. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm going with Landon Collins especially after the Swearingen trade rumors.

11. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

After thinking about it, I'm playing it safe and going with one of my earlier picks even before the Swearinger rumors in Landon Collins, SS, Bama

12. Ottomaton

Supporting Member

I'm going to repeat myself. Owamagbe Odighizuwa is the most underrated player in the draft - presumably because the media doesn't want to have to figure out how to say his name.

I will be thrilled if the Texans take him at 16, though the rest of the city would riot like Baltimore. If he makes it out of the first round I'lI be amazed - it probably means there is something very wrong with his hip that has been very effectively kept quiet.

The more I watch, the more impressed I get. He's a perfect SAM in a 3-4.

13. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The pick will be traded for TB 2nd Rd and 2016 1st rd

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Yeah totally missed it on this

15. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

Wow lol. But then again if the Texans trade back into the 1st, Landon Collins is still a possibility.

16. Nimo

Nimo Member

I guess. When their number was called I was so sure it was going to be Perriman or Dupree so my top three guesses were wrong.