1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seattle man tests transgender rule by changing in women's locker room.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bmd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Kind of like your red herrings and straw men through out this thread?

2. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

sure, whatever.

Have a nice day :)

#142 Northside Storm, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Let me firstly state that I do not openly condone murder for anyone. I am not imply the individual should be murdered.

You and I seem to have a very different view on this subject. Unless the 3 guys knowingly invited a transgender into their little adventure, then the TG violated the three guys. IMO, this is akin to rape. Using any form of manipulation or coercion that is unwanted by the opposite person is essentially rape. A TG does not get a free pass to state they are a female but run around with a dick and deceive straight guys.

I certainly dont condone murder, but if they should get their asses handed to them for this, its not because of discrimination, which evidently you believe is the initial reason. Its for molestation, which if a female kick a guys ass for molestation, it would be karma.

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the point that several of us are making is that inappropriate behavior is inappropriate behavior regardless of the gender facility. As long as someone behaves appropriately and laws continue to exist to regulate such behavior someone using a different gendered facility shouldn't be an issue.

5. KDJ3

KDJ3 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Nook

Nook Member

Did I say otherwise? What I said was people were unwilling to react out of fear in the particular situation involving my niece. You take a wealthy and progressive part of Chicago, mix young people in a position of authority and an absolute fear of federal involvement and bad press...and you end up with the perfect storm.

I have no idea if he identifies as transgender or use it as a cover to what he wants to discuss with children. What we do know is it is now very difficult for him to maintain an errection.

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

This "absolute fear" of federal involvement and bad press is frightening. Thanks, "social justice warriors..."

8. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i call b.s. on your whole story.

and in the event that it is real, this has nothing to do with transgender people and everything to do about an individual who was drunk and acting inappropriately around children.

again, if the concern is inappropriate bathroom behavior we should be much more concerned about anti-gay republican politicians than transgender people. what if there were children in the bathroom when anti-gay republican congressman larry craig was trolling for dudes or repubulican congressman bob allen was offering to blow dudes for $20?

curious how you knew they were all "liberal" moms?

#148 jo mama, Feb 21, 2016
  9. Space Ghost

According to some liberals like NorthSide Storm, this had everything to do with TG people and Nook attacked him because he has extreme prejudice towards TG's. The TG's inappropriate behavior had nothing to do with the attack.

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Interesting according to the comments:

Also someone made another good point - what do you do with a trans man who looks like a natural man or a trans woman who looks like a natural woman.

Could you imagine forcing a trans man into the woman's locker room? Or the other way around? You freak people out either way.

11. Northside Storm

um, according to your complete misreading of this thread and your dubious analogy skills?

Go back and read a few posts, and spell my moniker right while you're at it ;)

#151 Northside Storm, Feb 21, 2016
  12. Northside Storm

You're welcome ;)

13. Northside Storm

let me get this straight--

You think forcibly inserting your penis into somebody who doesn't want you to do so is the same as showing your penis to somebody and getting murdered for it? :confused:

So, if a woman shows her vagina to you she is raping you? You have a lower definition of rape than a right-wing parody of a left-wing "SJW".

Seeing as how having sex in sneaky trans mode is rape, do you still want everybody to keep their sex affairs "private"?

Beyond that, you haven't addressed the very real fact that there is data-devoid discrimination happening in this thread, and that there is discriminatory violence being perpetrated against trans individuals. They can't all have been stealing sex to lighten the blow of their immolation and mutilation. You seem to be grasping at straws on this one example.

Anyways, agree to disagree or agree to agree on the rest and whatnot

14. Space Ghost

I explicitly stated that I do not condone murder. Please refrain from further allegation that I find it ok to murder someone.

He/She whatever it was, did not get assaulted for showing their genitalia. S/He was assaulted for performing sexual acts before disclosing the nature of ... whatever PC term you want me to use. Do you really believe its ok for a transgender person to disguise their gender crisis issue before engaging in activities that would enrage a straight person? This is exactly why transgenders are not even remotely in the same boat as LGB. LGB's are very straight foward on their identity.
    Transgenders ... Do you feel like you're a man or woman? Do you have male or female genitalia? Which sex are they attracted to? Do you not see the mass confusion of nonsense?

And you know what I mean about keep business private. Don't play coy.

15. Nook

Nook Member

How did I know they are liberal moms? I speak to them before and after class, some of their children go to the same private schools as my niece or my children. Many have been to my home. It is a very wealthy pocket of Chicago with very little variability.

I am liberal on a number of political and social issues. However I also recognize absurdity.

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Without knowing more or what was going on through the minds of the staff I can't say. Accepting your argument though that they were afraid of negative attention then I would say that they did a very bad job. Allowing transgender to use other gender facilities is not an invitation to bad behavior. If the staff were worried about that then I would say they made a terrible judgement call, were poorly trained and / or ignorant of the laws. Most likely some of all of the above.

Let me give you another anecdote. As I was walking into my neighborhood bar the bouncer, who is white, was taking out a belligerent drunk, who was black, by the scruff of his collar. Now if the bouncer had failed to remove the person because he feared that he and the bar would be accused of racism and subject to civil liberties laws they would've been in the wrong since the drunk was behaving inappropriately and the bar would've been liable if they had kept on serving him and arguments about race wouldn't have saved them.

The point is again that inappropriate behavior is inappropriate. The laws are neutral to the setting. In your anecdote that tells me more about the poor job that the staff did than any larger argument regarding allowing transgendered to use other gendered facilities.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Weighing in on this point. Many LGB's are not straight forward with their identity. We've come a long way but many LGB still feel they need to hide their identity because of stigma from friends, family and colleagues. Many also are confused about their identity especially those who grew up in areas where there are very few openly LGB people and little opportunity to understand why their sexual preferences are different than those around them.

18. Space Ghost

I was referring to their own sexual identity, not so much their sexual preference. A persons sexual preference can range from complete gay to complete straight and anywhere in between. It is what it is. If I approach a woman at a bar looking for companionship, its her decision to accept me or reject me, for whatever reason she chooses.

If I should approach a (unbeknownst) transgender at the bar and I am looking for companionship, I would have no idea what I am getting into.

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

In an ideal world, if you found them hot enough to approach, you shouldn't care :p.

Or conservative thinking, you should probably get to know said person before sticking a dick in it.

Or are you suggesting they were a scarlet T?