1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Creed

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JunkyardDwg, Jun 30, 2015.

1. VanityHalfBlack

It's pg 13. It's bordering formulaic. I will wait and see it though and hope it's worth the price of admission.

2. VanityHalfBlack

Okay, the ranking of the Rocky films are as followed:

1. Rocky
    2. Rocky 2
    3. Creed
    4. everything else

Sly made me cry, this was full of feels, respects the original films and makes you appreciate Carl Weathers a lot more. The boxing scenes are shot like a simulation, almost EA sports like. Amazing chemistry between Rocky and Creed Jr. Only minor critique is the relationship between Creed Jr and the love interest. In the Rocky Movies, Rocky and Adrien were the integral part of the rocky movies. Here in Creed, that dynamic of the relationship could have been played by anybody. Feels more like an exposition than anything else just to move the story.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qMiBBFd0G6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved the movie. The chemistry between Michael B. Jordan and Sly is palpable and it doesn't have the cheesiness that many other Rocky movies do.

5. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Great movie, it reminds a lot of the original Rocky but creates it's own feel. I like Coogler's direction and take, and Michael B. Jordan's relationship with Stallone. I'd watch a sequel honestly.

6. PeppermintCandy

Wow, I can't believe that's skinny little Wallace.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

That seems a little hasty, Rocky 3 had some good industry commentary and one of better montages and soundtrack songs in history. It's probably fine to dismiss Rocky 4 despite it being Dolph Lundgren's best performance.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

This breh knows what's up.

9. VanityHalfBlack

I like Rocky 3 and 4. I feel those are more cartoonish and goofy than the others mentioned.

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Was Rocky's son in this one or, if not, was he mentioned at all? Remember, this being the same "home team" son that was ignored by Rocky while he trained his "new son" in Rocky V...easily the worst film out of all of them.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Creed was a great movie. Loved it.

Already looking forward to the next one.

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Raging Bull says hello...

13. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

!

I loved the movie. It was the first movie I actually went to the theater to see in over 3 years. I'm glad I did, excellent damn movie!

It's wild that that kid was Wallace on "The Wire."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Saw it. I approve.

15. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

got back from watching it -- I really like it -- as someone mentioned I felt Creed's love interest story line was a bit rushed but everything else in the movie - his relationship with Rocky was great. Jordan and Stallone have great chemistry with one another. I didn't feel that the lines were cheesy/corny which I at times expected. I dont know how many more films they are going to be able to make in the Rocky series but if this was the final one it does hold its own and pays respect to the original Rocky films in its own way (unlike the last Rocky film which was atrocious)

16. Indaface

Indaface Member

I agree with all of your points except for the last one. I thought Rocky Balboa was a decent enough movie (unless you meant Rocky 5 then yes atrocious is a good word).

Movie itself was great and I was marking out during the "Hail Mary" entrance only to be blown away by pretty ricky's entrance.

17. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Did Felicia Rashad play Apollo's wife in this one? I wonder what happened to the original actress who played her? Also, scanning the IMDB cast for this movie, it appears Rocky's son had no part in this movie. No one answered if he was even mentioned in this film?

Also, did the actor who played Paulie die after Rocky IV or was he in V (I forget)? I always enjoyed what he brought to his role.

18. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Re: Rocky's son

he was mentioned in the film when Creed found a picture of him as a kid with Rocky. Rocky mentioned what he was doing with his life now, but how boxing wasn't really a part of his life.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The son was mentioned as having moved with his wife to Vancouver because it was too difficult living with the name "Balboa" in Philly.

I liked this movie. My wife did lean over to me after 20 minutes to whisper, "Cliché," but I told her, "Just watch," because it's her habit to criticize a movie early and not give it a chance (she disliked "Roman Holiday"'s first five minutes and I told her, "Just watch", and she loved the rest).

"Creed" gets better as it gets rolling. Sure, there are clichés, but it's a sports movie, and it does give you a few surprises.

I was wiping a few tears off my face near the end, hoping my wife wouldn't notice, as she hadn't said anything since her early critique. She noticed anyway but it didn't matter, as she wound up liking it, too, and had a few tears of her own.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Rocky 4 was good fun. I liked. The ending a little campy, but overall, that film was good entertainment. Not great Film. But great entertainment.