1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should we get Martin if he's available?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by alaskansnowman, Mar 15, 2000.

Tags:
  1. alaskansnowman

Well, with his injury, I'm just not that sure anymore. This team could use some help defensively, and Kenyon could be the answer. But then again, he probably can't leap and block everybody with his leg injury.

What does everyone think?

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Yes we should because he is a fighter. His injury is not as bad as everyone thought it was. He is too good of a player to pass up if he is there when the rockets pick.

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

3. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Although I agree with picking Kenyon, I am finding it hard to believe that he will still be on the board when we pick. LOSE SOME MORE GAMES ROCKETS!!!!! Of course, there is always the possibility of getting lucky, but lets help the odds out. I mean come on, winning is helping us any is it?

------------------
    KISS The Floor Beneath ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Depends on who's available at the time.

If any of these players: Swift, DerMarr, or Morris are available, we pass on Martin.

------------------
    The Countdown has been terminated..and March Madness has arrived!!!

..And we're there to report it...

www.draftsource.net

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Rocketsfan34 - I have a question to ask. I talked to someone from maryland and they told me that they heard if Terrence Morris doesnt get good grades he will go to the draft. Have you heard anything about that?

------------------
    President of the Moochie Norris FAN CLUB

6. Beck

Beck Contributing Member

If Kenyon Martin is available when we pick, we have to take him. I think he will come back 100%. He is a hard worker and a team player so you know that he will work hard to rehab and get his leg ack to full strength. Bones heal and come back as strong as they ever were. A lot of guys have broken ankles and come back to be what they were (Elton Brand). The ligament damage is bad, but therapy cna strengthen that. If he is there, its a no brainer.

7. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

If (that's a big if by the way) MARTIN is still there when it comes time for our pick we should go ahead and get him. THe rockets medical staff could easily put him under quick rehab and he would be back as avery good defensive player for the ROCKETS. It was a good point that his legs wouldnt be 100% strong but we could still get a little out of him. If he isn't there for the rockets to pickup we should get MARCUS FIZER

8. Drag-On 88

Drag-On 88 Member

like everyone is sayin', pick Martin IF he's still available... the guy has way too much talent to pass up, although i wouldn't mind drafting Swift, Morris, or Johnson