1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014/2015 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by rox1, May 19, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes. Standards and bad coaching. Stuff happens. Same group beat Barca 7:0 on aggregate. Plus, we gave them Kroos, which makes us better :).

2. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Are you aware that the 2010 WC Champs was basically Barca minus Messi plus Casillas and Ramos. Brah, the season for the clubs is so long and anything can happen.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Barco was vastly disappointing last year, so that's not saying much.

4. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

What Yung-T said. No way he leaves for 20 mill when you have David Luiz leaving for 60.

Saw that bro.. Hopefully Lucho limits his minutes and Xavi becomes some sort of mentor to Rakitic/Rafinha/Sergi. That means no more mildfielders and Barca should have about 70 mill for some defenders!!!:mad::mad:

5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Barca is about to sign Mathieu from Valencia, that's one defender for ya. ;)
    20mil transfer sum.

6. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

No way he's worth that much but hey I guess everyone knows we are desperate. I know he can play CB at times but I want a true CB. At this point I welcome him but he better not be the only one!! C'mon Zubi:mad::mad:

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

We would welcome you to Anfield, Di Mario.

<3

8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

just for fun

Ranking Barca/Madrid's attack force

1. Messi
    2. Ronaldo
    3. Suarez
    4. Bale
    5. Neymar
    6. Benzema/Rodriguez

Rodriguez is he going to be a CM? Not even sure unless you phase Benzema out and play Ronaldo at ST and Rodriguez on the right or left with Bale.

1 person likes this.
  9. Jontro

Jontro Member

I dunno guys... I think RM needs more strikers.

10. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Got 60 mill? ;)

CAM most likely.

11. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

How Madrid fans see Barca lining up this season

[​IMG]

13. ferrari77

The digs at Arsenal never stop. I feel you JeopardE and other Gunners supporters. Needless insults directed at the pride of Norf Lahndan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HAHuss1oE6Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. ferrari77

[​IMG]

15. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I can't keep everyone on Madrid happy on FIFA, how are they supposed to be happy in real life? Actually, the defense is fine, every once in a while Varane's agent or Coentrao's agent sends me an e-mail, but they never demand to be transferred like Di Maria, Khedira, Alonso, Isco, and Illarra.

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Barcelona's front three is probably going to be awesome, but I think their midfield is weaker with Xavi and Iniesta on declines. And their defense is still a mess. So I ain't worried about them.

I like Madrid's chances of repeating in the Champions League and having a record breaking Liga. Just have to let go of some players who just don't have a spot anymore.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I am not to confident that James Rodriguez will succeed with Real. Real is great in buying to many expensive great players for 1 position, and then watch a couple fail and selling them for much less. I fear this will happen to James.

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Madrid is just disugsting, the way they're buying success. Everything going through illegal loans and deals with the Spanish government, laughable that a club half a billion € in debt is allowed to play and act the way they are.

La Decima doesn't mean ****.

19. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

LMAO

La Liga teams (esp Barca or Madrid) winning and doing well in the UCL is almost inconsequential

1. Not when you can somehow repeatedly pay high amounts to buy the best players and the stars of other teams.

2. Not when two teams in a league are in a league of their own financially and are funded through loans and the government.

3. Not when it is such a lopsided league that the competition is amongst 2 teams in most years (well 3 last season but that was an exception). People don't realize the significance of this. FATIGUE. Barca and Madrid players are almost always well rested for mid week UCL games because they can have a stroll in the park during the weekend La Liga games - just not competitive enough. Players are fresher, less injuries etc. It's different playing 2 competitive games in the league ( the El Classico's) as opposed to 38 competitve games in a dogfight that is the EPL

Not butthurt but those are the facts.

20. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

[​IMG]