1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The girl with the mattress

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, May 22, 2015.

?

What do you think?

1. The girl is right - the guy raped her

3.2%
  2. The girl is a psycho ex who is trying to take revenge

52.4%
  3. I detect bias - need more facts

44.4%
  1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

The self starred webcam snuff film reenacting and publicizing the experience, not so much.

2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yet there was one accuser whom he was found to have been responsible for sexually assaulting someone by the university.

He isn't completely clean here.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Possibly not, but that doesn't excuse inventing rape allegations. The guy sounds like he was kind of sleazy, but that doesn't make him a rapist.

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You don't know if she invented rape allegations. You really don't know one way or the other.

Just as him committing sexual assault on another woman doesn't make him guilty with another person (certainly makes him more than sleazy though), the mattress woman texting him and doing all the things she did doesn't mean she is lying.

Seems you are comfortable judging without knowing the key facts.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

So you are saying that you were right for once, but it bothered you, so you reverted to being wrong, like on everything else.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ah the Clutch Fans Stalker shows himself.

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Ah the Clutch Fans Stalker shows up. Big surprise.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You thought so hard about that one that you had to post it twice?

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

meant to edit - "shows himself" was incorrect since obviously you are hiding behind your computer.

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Totally unlike you, of course ;).

11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You should know I take your cyber stalking seriously. The fact that you have mentioned wanting to fight me and you know who I am and where I work isn't a laughing matter. I sincerely hope you are just harmless, and I think you are - but you never know.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fight you? :confused:

13. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

That was overturned on appeal, is my understanding. The woman couldn't be bothered to show up to the appeal, because it would interfere with her job.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

They were calling her at her job every day and she had already gone through the process (which took years once). I think saying someone "couldn't be bothered" is a way to spin things.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Stop defending this priveledged trash and her rich parents.

Her mom actually tweeted a link to her "artistic" sex video smh.

16. StupidMoniker

I would say if you are accusing someone of sexually assaulting you, an act that will potentially ruin that person's life, and you stop because 1. the school is calling you at work, and 2. you don't think it is fair that the system allows the person an appeal, then yeah, couldn't be bothered is a fair enough description. It was too inconvenient would be another way to say it. Sour grapes might be another. The point is, this woman showed how important she thought it was that Mr. Nungesser be held accountable, which was not important enough to field phone calls at work and get over her anger at their being an appeals process. Ultimately, the outcome is that he was found not responsible for her claim, just like the other ones. That means no substantiated claims against the man. If anyone is spinning it is you, as you are the one claiming that he was found responsible (at this point there is no such finding) and that he is not completely clean (his record would disagree with you).

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Did you even read her letter?

18. StupidMoniker

Clearly I read her letter, since I posted, verbatim, what she said in her letter with regard to the appeal/re-trial. Did you miss that somehow? An accused person has rights, including a right to appeal. The college disciplinary board (or whatever they called the body handling his case) agreed that his appeal raised sufficient issues to grant him a new hearing. That happens in real courts as well as these college kangaroo courts. She chose not to participate in the rehearing of his case for exactly the reasons I listed. That you think his appeal and rehearing should not count is irrelevant. He pointed out the issues with the original hearing, the powers that be agreed that the issues were serious enough to invalidate the original hearing, and thus he was granted a new hearing. At the new hearing he was found not responsible. The outcome may or may not have been different if this woman had shown up, but she chose to pass. As far as the college, his record, and any other official source is concerned, he has a clean record. His accuser, not facing cross examination, has posted an anonymous letter to Jezebel, and for some reason you think that must be taken as gospel. I think we have due process rights for reasons, a major reason being so that a mere accusation is not enough to condemn someone.

#398 StupidMoniker, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

He was found not responsible because she decided not to go through the ordeal again.

Do you have any idea of what it's like for a woman to be sexually assaulted? I wonder if you have compassion for any of the women in your life.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only those that don't lie about being sexually assaulted.