1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dallas Cowboys 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Francis3422, May 4, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

And, just when to expect it, romo int-TD return.

It's so predictable at this point.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That pick-6 was Schaub-esque. Fox had the perfect camera angle and you could see it coming during Romo's throwing motion.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

thing is they're still very much in this game and they have done everything to lose it. they just need someone (new coach??) that can just improve the discipline of this team.

4. t_mac1

5. Surfguy

That was an explosive style play this team needed. Nothing wrong with a 68 yard TD completion.

6. Surfguy

Post-game thoughts:

WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!

Just kidding. More like...WTF is wrong with this team?!?!? Digging holes for themselves and then playing lights out. Still the model of inconsistency. You see glimpses of hope, though, of what this team could be if they can keep up the balance between rush and pass. And, the defense is getting some key players back probably this week. I would say the New Orleans game is a huge test for this team and comes at the right time in the schedule.

7. t_mac1

Discipline is the key. They don't turn it over, they can be a very very good team. Their offensive is explosive, and their D is better than expected (not historically bad like most predicted).

Hopefully Murray solves the fumbling issues.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If Lawrence, Spencer and Durant come back to fortify the team in a few weeks we could end up with an average defense.

Murray needs to hold onto the ball but he is a freaking animal otherwise. It looks like the offensive line is wearing down the opponents throughout the course of the game.

9. dc1985

dc1985 Member

Spencer may be back this week. Hopefully Rolondo McClain is back as well. It's time to bring up Boatright, and Sam off the practice squad because the current group just isnt getting the job done. But all in all im pretty pleased with this team effort. They need to bring it for the full game though to beat New Orleans.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Sleeper Super Bowl contender...

11. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This game against NO is a guaranteed loss. No way we go 3-1. The day that Tony Romo and Co. want to change my mind is the day that they start winning games against quality opponents. Predict 38-21 NO next Sunday night.

12. t_mac1

The offense will be able to score on NO. Question is can they get stops? I'm sure Brees and Co are due for a huge offensive day.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Of course Nawlins wins this one easily. 30-6

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It would blow my mind if they end up 3-1.

The cowboys always break my heart every single season. This game will be no different.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

16. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

17. Surfguy

Well, he's back at practice today and will play on Sunday. So, that's either good news or not so good news depending on your vantage point. I'm sure he will see plenty of playing time as Saints like 3 and 4 wide receiver sets. You know he will be targeted until he starts making plays.

Now is the time for him to show everyone what he is made of. He either steps up his play or he craters even more meaning he won't be back next season...as team will have to cut their losses at that point. Everyone was so high on this kid when he was drafted. I don't recall teams saying he wasn't going to pan out...but that's always a risk for any player obviously.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Claiborne sucks balls. Like bad. I hate watching him play. Every interception he has ever had has been on terrible throws from the QB. He was getting abused last week until the last play of the game. That throw from Davis was high and just poorly thrown overall. Claiborne had a similar pick of Peyton on a duck last year.

Scandrick is a tough guy and the best player on our D IMO. Sterling Moore always seems to have an impact when he plays. Brandon Carr for the most part has looked better than last year. There is a bit more hope for the D overall than I had last month. Rolondo McClain is fun to watch and I hope he comes back next week.

19. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

Anyone who watched the Cowboys game cannot but be impressed with their resurgence.
    Their Oline is the REAL DEAL and this opens the whole offensive repertoire for Romo, Murray, Witten, Bryant and Williams.
    The way that line mauled a hapless Saints is just scary.
    This just energizes a defense when your O plays like that - physically and mentally.
    Unfortunately I do not hold out much hope for our Texans next week.

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Line play, line play, line play.

You win the battle in the trenches, and you don't turn it over, you're going to win a lot of games.