1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins and Greg Monroe

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Petey-N-Htown, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

How high are Cousins and Monroe likely to go in the draft?

I know both of them are different types of players, but both look extremely skilled.

How high would the Rockets need to trade up if they wished to take either of these guys?

2. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

you can probably get one of them with the 6th pick.

assuming wall-turner-favors are gone with the first 3 picks... it seems that cousins, monroe, and johnson are a tier above the remaining players. the thing is, the kings really want a post scorer to pair with evans so they won't want to trade the 5th pick since they can have one of ether cousins or monroe.

bottom line is you probably need the 4th pick to be guaranteed your choice of either of them. if the kings pick one then you can take the other with the 6th pick... but that's only if the wolves don't take cousins at 4 since they have a history of drafting best player available regardless of team need.

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Wow. Wesley Johnson will be quite a steal at 6.

4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'd take any of those 3 guys, if we managed a 6th or higher pick.

If we are the position get Johnson, that pretty much makes Battier or Ariza expendable. Johnson seems like the type of player who is probably going to start from day one.

If we were able to somehow grab Cousins or Monroe. We pretty much someone to fill in for Yao. It's hard to say who is going to be a better player at this point, Monroe is the more stable pick. Great offense and good defense, 6,11 (nearly 6,10 in shoes) and weighs 240, and 15 reps in bench press.

If Morey is able to get Randolph with #6 pick, or another deal in the top 6. We should be getting ready to be a beast in the west with or without Yao Ming. This team almost made the playoffs with players in place, yet you add promising rookie, possibly one of the best centers in Europe, and decent MLE FA.

5. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

Thanks.

I think both Cousins and Monroe look like future STUDs in the NBA.

6. lovecats

lovecats New Member

I think rockets need tough guy like artest. we are too gentlemen.

1 person likes this.
  7. University Blue

Watching Rondo in the Finals makes me think Houston needs a nasty PF; someone who can send a message to guards who try to rebound in the paint.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Standing Tall Under Duress?

Amare, while filing for copyright infringment, falls in a faint.

:)

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'm guessing that Chris Bosh isn't one of your first choices, because he is anything but nasty.

10. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

HAHAHA someone better get a video of this! I can't wait to see it!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ys-favorscousins061310

Important bits are in bold.

Keep dissin my boy... Cuz will fall and I will welcome the magic of Morey getting him here! ;)

11. University Blue

Houston already has a team of nice guys. Every wannabe dynasty should have one or two Alexis Carrington-Dexter.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I will be estatic if the Rockets can get their hands on Cousins. I don't know if many teams have ever had to handle the abuse that Yao Ming and Cousins would dish out for a solid 48 minutes at the center position. I don't think the Rockets need Bosh if they get Cousins.

13. Melechesh

Melechesh Member

It's still uncertain who Sacramento will pick at #5, but I've heard Cousins is Detroit's first choice had he still been available. Our chances don't look too good. :(

14. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

It's all about trades and availability

15. Jet036

Jet036 Member

draftexpress has Cousins going at 7. They have him going after Aminu.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Not in the mock draft up right now on their site.

17. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Oh, completely agree with you. I was just saying.

The Rockets need a guy, like Kendrick Perkins but with better post moves and decent mid range game.

Cousins is falling in mock draft polls, do not know if that is a good thing or bad thing. Hasn't worked out for us yet, would like to see how he does against Favors.

I wish somehow we could make that rumored deal with Golden State, they draft Cousins. We get him and Randolph, for a future draft pick, #14, and player to be named and/or with cash.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

All the rumored deal with GS and anthony randolph on this board are hilariously unrealistic... Randolph for basically the 14th pick, Randolph for chase budinger or randolph for Ny 2011 pick are all preposterous. Just for reference, the SJ mercury as well as Espn has the Warriors and randolph involved in trades with minnesota for either their pick, Kevin Love or some other combination. Anthony Randolph is 21 yrs old and the warriors are not going to trade him for anything less than a high lottery pick.

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Hows about Randolph and #6 for Hill + future pick + cash?

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Cousins and Favors at Sacramento King's workout:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBSK0hLMYo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IBSK0hLMYo8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

--RB