1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Michael Beasley

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by A_3PO, Feb 23, 2008.

Tags:
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Already has 28 points in the 1st half. He and Walker (12 points) have 40 out of 41 K-State points. Beasley is already a much better player than KD was last year. Calling him a beast is an understatement. Any talk of D.J. Augustine being Big 12 player of the year is nonsense.

2. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Don't think I'd call it nonsense. 1 of them is on the way to leading his team to a #1 seed.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Law couldn't edge out KD last year. So DJ edging out MB might be hard. But I agree. Texas has beaten so many great teams. They rise and fall with DJ. Gonna be close.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah yeah it's a team game but Beasley's performance is head and shoulders above Augustine. The vote will be near unanimous.

5. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

uhm, Beasley has an NBA ready body, but Durant was a better offensive player. certainly he was a much, much better shooter and probably a better finisher around the basket.

6. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Got back from the game just now. Yea, he's not too bad of a player. It seemed like everyone else on the K-state team save for their two star players were afraid to shoot the ball...so good for that. Good victory for the Bears.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

K-State is very immature. I doubt they figure it out soon enough to do damage in the tournament. Then Beasley (and maybe Walker) will leave and K-State goes back to oblivion. But UT better watch out Monday night because they will face a fired up team out for blood.

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I've been reading things about Beasley that imply he has questionable work ethic/desire. Comparisons to Derrick Coleman and the like. Anybody know what's up with that? Derrick Coleman broke my heart back in the day. He was such an incredible athlete and player but the desire just wasn't there. I'm still convinced he could have been the greatest power forward of all time if he just gave a damn. He didn't, and as a result his career is pretty forgettable.