1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Q&A with Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by stl1622dc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

Also, let's not forget that those on the lin-sanity bandwagon of any "race," vastly outweigh the low self esteem haters by a huge margin. It's likely 100 to 1 or greater.

But the trolls know they can get people riled up which is why these clowns hate. Without the ability to draw positive attention, they crawl over the internet, baiting people with their negativity.

I enjoy trashing the trolls nonetheless, so it's all good. :)

2. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

:eek::eek::eek:

3. trowa

trowa Member

actually, i'm pretty sure your first step is the foot opposite to your current dribbling hand.
    since he go right more often, he uses his left leg more often

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

so by your logic, if Lin admits it himself, then i would mean that it's true. but Lin hasn't admitted anything (has he?), yet you're arguing as if it's true.. quoting Lin himself (wait, wth is the quote?). but anyways, Lin is a humble guy if you haven't noticed. he even said (and this is true) that he has been watching other point guard's tapes.. even FELTON. but you gotta wonder what he's learned from Felton.. what not to do?

5. trowa

trowa Member

actually, he had 0, let me repeat, 0 nba training camps.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

AMAZING.

I said he needed to work on 1 or 2 things (which Lin and McHale mentioned) to become a very good starter on a consistent basis and all of a sudden i'm a racist, lin-hater, who has nothing good to say about Lin and has never seen him play.

Nearly everyone jumping in registered since signing Lin. That's no coincidence. They need to grow thicker skin, if they think what i said was even close to hateful or racist. It's not even in the same galaxy. I'm actually more of a homer around here, so they're in for a wake up call this season, if they think I'm as bad as it gets.

Was Linsanity long enough for me to believe he'll be near all-star level or more from now on? No, it wasnt. You don't have to agree with me. Maybe less than half a season is enough for some people, but not for me. That doesn't mean I've shut the door on the possibility though... and I don't care what he looks like or where he comes from. If i was anti-Lin, surely i would have said much more by now, considering how often i post, but I've hardly said anything about Lin, since he signed (until now obviously).

Can someone check if I'm another one of DD's accounts? Sure feels like it.:grin:

#206 RV6, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  7. luden

luden Member

Curb the Lin hype? No one said Lin was going to be the next cp3/nash in this thread. Those of us who've actually watched the kid play are aware of his weaknesses and don't expect him to put up insane numbers or be the missing piece to propel this team into the finals. There will be growing pains, many.

What it comes down to is, people who have actually watched/dissected all of Lin's games are excited to see the kid play. There's nothing wrong with that. If people are going to be excited for Machado or Asik, people who like Lin should be able to express their excitement too.

8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

for your information, i've signed on at about the same time last year (when Lin was picked up off waivers) but i for got the password :(

username was clearscreen.. without the lame 'x', so if you can help me retrieve it, i'd be indebted to you!

9. King Boo

King Boo Member

The guy admitted he only watched a few Lin games and then proceeds to take over a Lin Q&A thread with his uninformed opinions on Lin's upside (not based on any facts at all, but just on his eye test from a couple games!). How often do Cavaliers fans bash their own point guard for no reason, or Timberwolves fans? I think he's the one introducing the unnecessary negativity here.

10. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

I'm with you. I haven't seen anything remotely in the vicinity of "racist" come out of you yet. You even sound quite optimistic about Lin in the end. It's just that you keep defending your position of Lin being not as good as what he has shown and contrary to what his stats and logic actually dictate using comments which make it clear that you haven't "really" seen him play and using only hearsay from questionable sources. You're basically agreeing with everything SAS and NY media is saying, and justifying scouts who clearly got it wrong.
    I respect your opinion and I think we both hope that he exceeds all our expectations in the name of being contenders someday soon.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

After you enter the wrong passwrd when trying to log in, there should be a link asking if you forgot it, click it and enter your email

12. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

lol, i JUST tried that without success. do you think after a year of non-use, the account gets removed? i've entered all the email addresses that i normally used and it's not recognizing them.. i got only 5 chances to try until a lockout gets issued. thanks anyways. :)

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Explain to me what was negative.

The part where I talked about his weak left, which Lin himself just said needed work?

Or when i talked about his scouting report coming out of the draft, which was common knowledge on sites like DraftXpress?

Or when i mentioned the same plane passing, which Coach Mchale brought up?

I'm not sure how something that the player/coach/team introduces is considered bashing and unnecessary.

How many games do you want me to say I've watched? 100? 200? 300? Oh wait, he's only played like 30 games as a starting point guard and about 60 in his whole NBA career. A couple games isn't a low number in this case. Yes, i have opinions as well, and so does everyone else, and we all will post them a lot and disagree over them. It's the way it works. Doesn't make me a racist or hateful. That's exactly what i hate about small sample sizes. This is just one thread and members who just joined seem to think they know what i'm all about.

The only thing i said, which would indicate i didn't watch him play was that he never went left. I've taken that back already. I thought it was obvious i exaggerated to make a point, so I didn't expect for it to be taken so literally. He did have moments when he had left and waited to go right though. I'm not sure why that's hard to believe. If you're left is weaker, then that's what you'd do.

What does SAS say about Lin? I can honestly tell you I don't watch him. I've seen more parodies than the actual thing.

I'm not justifying Lin going undrafted. I'm justifying how it could happen, and did. There's a difference. I can say i understand how certain students can fall through the cracks of HISD and drop out, but that doesn't mean i agree that they should.

Email clutch, maybe he can help or suggest something.

Very classy, Mr. August 2012.

They (You) are not wrong about Lin because they (you) followed him here.

They (You) are sensitive about Lin because they (you) followed him here.

#213 RV6, Sep 24, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2012
  14. imarealballer

imarealballer Member

You're a f*****. Therefore, you are wrong.

Now, you may or may not be a f*****, and you may or may not be wrong. But the two are completely independent of one another.

Oh, wait, who is it? Ad hominem on Line 1.

15. raskol

raskol Contributing Member

The book on Lin was not just the book on Lin, but rather the book on every rookie and unproven player in the league: force him left, put a body on him and play physical, and go under the screen till proven that he can shoot. The Lakers were the first to aggressively try and implement this strategy, but it didn't work. He went left, AND he went right anyways. And when they did go under, he buried shot after shot, and thrived under contact. In fact, I think he led all pg's in the league in shooting percentage coming off a pick and AND1s last year. Nowhere in his career was he ever considered to have a weak left, weak defense (quite the contrary, actually), etc.
    Subsequently, the Mavericks tried to put a bigger body on him (Marion) to test his athleticism and doubled him on almost every possession. It also didn't work.
    What did happen was that, compared to his devastating right side (he averaged around 20 & 10 and getting wins), his left WAS weaker. He drove well going left, but his handles, passing, and finishing were indeed weaker leading to turnovers. In addition, he read double teams too late, as is often the case with those who receive the double team treatment for the first time (see: Bynum) and showed a weakness in full court pressure defense.
    These are all facets that can be overcome, and is not a result of physical limitation and it seems Lin is seeing it perfectly.
    As these "weaknesses" can't be entirely overcome in one off season, until otherwise proven, the book will continue to be: force him left, apply pressure d at all times possible, double him often till he learns to get off it more efficiently, and get the ball out of his hands as he has PROVEN to be an effective playmaker and leader. I'm confident Lin sees this and will overcome these problems within the next couple of seasons. Once he does, I believe he can be Nash-esque (don't hate me).

16. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

nah, it ain't even an issue. who cares when someone's signed up. which was really my point anyways. i signed up last year when Lin was taken off waivers but i've lost the password. and then i signed up again when Lin received the contract. but it doesn't mean i'm completely bias towards Lin. if he is deserving of a criticism then i'd concede. same with praises. same with every player on this team or elsewhere. i'm a fan of basketball first and foremost.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

June July August registered users are auto lof's in my book

18. MKL

MKL Member

Hey, look at me! I was here before you!

I'm with you bro, lock any new registration now before it gets out of control. We only need REAL FANS here.

/sarcasm

19. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Melo-jealousy

20. my2cents

my2cents Member

“Real Fans” is for whom? Sounds familiar, are “the real fans” for Melo? Waiting minute, this is not Knicks site but Rocket. The rocket is a new team now and people gather here to support our team what is wrong with that?