1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Russell Westbrook thread.

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by t_mac1, Dec 16, 2014.

1. lalala902102001

That injury looks like it's going to require surgery. He maybe down for a while. That's too bad because Russell Westbrook is must watch TV these days.

2. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

Pretty impressive stuff from him lately. How can you have a game like that then miss the clutch FREE THROW..some people just don't have the gene.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Assists aren't the be all and end all of playmaking, esp. when you handle the ball so much. Saying WB has 10 assists therefore he playmakes enough is ridiculous given the high amount of possessions he gobles up. My biggest gripe about WB is everyone is all over the guy right now because of his triple doubles while forgetting the fact that his pts and assists are inflated because of how high his usage rate is.

If he was doing it at a ridiculous rate like above 50% FG then yeah I'd say he justifies taking that high amount of shots, but he's not. WB's FG% barely reaches 40% yet he is taking more shots than the rest of the starters combined. Yeah maybe his teammates aren't the most offensively gifted ones, but if you only give them 5 shots the entire game then chances are they'll brick those up. No wonder guys like Jeremy Lamb and Reggie Jackson were acting up, they see WB gobbling up all the shots and converting at a ridiculously low percentage. And then the media and fanbois start praising him for his historic run. Gimme a break :rolleyes:

4. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Hope he is alright. If he can keep this up, it would be insane.

5. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Hopefully he's fine. The league can't afford its best player this year to be out.

6. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

So your scared to take the bet. All talk?

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Don't worry dude - Harden, Lebron, and Curry seem fine.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's not surprising that after another game where he chucked up 30+ shots that one of his teammates would eventually try to take him out. Completely understandable really.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

Lebrun can magically gain another 20+Pounds of muscles and carry the whole thing by him self in a matter of weeks

10. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Harden has to start scoring more if he wants to win the scoring title now, honestly i'd rather win more games but i'd like to see Harden win MVP also and a scoring title can go a long way with the voters.

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Harden seems to be the least interested player to win an MVP. He is happy if his teammate score as if he scored, even from the bench he celebrate like if he is Hashem Thabet

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah I'm definitely hoping Harden, LBJ, Durant and Curry all get better.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The growth of James Harden has been a joy to watch. He really understands what he has to do each game in order to win, something that wasn't necessarily the case a couple years ago.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I want nothing at all to do with Harden winning either the MVP or scoring title if he'd have to turn into an awful chucker like Westbrick to get it.

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He's listening to McHale's advice. "Chase greatness and the awards and accolades will follow".

16. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Not saying he can't win. I just don't think games where he loses should count toward his resume for MVP.

If Russell Westbrook scored an NBA high 101 points in one game off 70 shots and his team lost then they shouldn't highlight him as a great player that scored 101 points, right?

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Let's be real, this is Westbrick we're talking about, it would take him a LOT more than 70 shots to get 101 points. I'm thinking 85 minimum.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Actually that would be OK if he got 100 pts on 70 shots but WB is getting 40 pts on 38 shots. The coach should man up and discipline him WB is black holing OKC out of the playoffs. Everyone talks about WB passion but although he has passion he doesn't have a will to win like Harden, WB is still putting himself above winning games maybe all he cares about now is getting his, with KD out of the picture he just adds KDs shot attempts to his own and probably takes a couple more out of the rest of the guys for good measure.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

:grin:

[​IMG]

Get well Russ!

20. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

When did an awful chucker ever win MVP??