1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

ditto

2. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

Hatton was robbed by a steroid user. Your truth hurts so good this time.

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

doesn't hurt as much as Hattons brain after that

But in al srs Hatton is an absolute too bloke, just ran into May and pac and there's no shame in that

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AkgRfQ65FNY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. VanityHalfBlack

I'm putting money on Pacquiao.

6. Danang78

Danang78 Member

What opposing coaches see in Jeremy Lin

Jason Kidd: "[Lin is] a guy that can get the ball in the paint and cause two guys on the ball."
    "He found open guys and also got to the free-throw line. He played a great fourth quarter."

Brad Stevens on Lin: :I thought Jeremy Lin killed us…"

Give props where probs are due!?

7. tinman

Supporting Member

"wooosh" -airball on Lin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mWKBACTnh4c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Hatton would be beaten by this guy too
    and so would Jeremy Lin

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OP8nzhLbQZ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

3rd win for Dong last night. He has terrible defense though.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The problem with Lin now is still the same problem it was with us, 4 scrub games, 2 average games, 1 good game is like his systemic production

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Lin is ricky hatton
    When he fought Manny
    No awareness

12. Panda23

Panda23 Member

gets caught a lot. Esp at heavyweight doesn't matter if you have a granite chin or not, if you're 240 throwing bombs anyone can get put to sleep

13. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Odds are much sweeter. Might be part of a multi for me going on pac

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm a great big fan of Pacman and I think Mayweather is the most boring and cowardly champion ever but to be honest in their fight Pacman is definitely the underdog, Mayweather makes a career of stopping infighters cold.

If Pacman was in his prime and solely focused on boxing then yeah I'd say he'd have a great shot the thing is Pacman has so many stuff going on in the Philippines, he is a congressman (???), pro b-ball player and coach (???????), and he is very involved in his christian church (well ok, he is a nice guy lol). Pacman also lacks the drive to destroy his opponent because of his christian beliefs, I think nowadays he doesn't like hurting people and he always settles for points instead of knocking his opponent out because it might cause the opponent permanent damage.

Mayweather also is still scared of Pacman so he delayed making the decision but started training a few months before he signed, just so he can get the competitive edge. So given all these factors I think we'll see the best Mayweather we've seen in a long time against Pacman whose heart isn't really into boxing anymore. We'll see what happens but I'm not holding my breath on Pacman winning unfortunately.

15. King1

King1 Contributing Member

****ing lol. This is possibly the most clueless post I've ever seen on this fight and that's saying something. The best part is it's on both sides of the equation.

I'm actually going to share it in boxing forums it's so bad so I do thank you for that.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Or its cause he got so aggressive he freaking tripped into the counter of the decade.

Father time and wanting to preserve his brain are what's caused him to turn it down a notch.

[​IMG]

17. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Mayweather just never felt they were offering enough money for the Pacquiao fight, and seeing how much he's ending up with, it seems perfectly justifiable. The idea he was scared of him is just nonsense.

18. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

The Lin thread can't stop being the Lin thread, even when you change the subject. Impressive in its own way, I suppose.

19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Well to be fair we probably shouldn't have changed subjects as we do have a boxing thread here. It just amazes me how misinformed some people are on this particular fight. "Floyd is scared" and "Manny doesn't care anymore" are both absolutely absurd. Floyd tried to make the fight when they were both in their prime and Pac refused drug testing and Pac arrived in LA yesterday to start camp early. The entire post was just brutal.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I don't know why the Lakers don't waive Lin-- or Boozer or a number of their players on expiring contracts. Unless the Lakers plan on signing them back or see a realistic possibility that they can be signed and traded for value, they should probably just use the extra roster spots to sign D-League or overseas prospects and see if they can strike gold with one of them (like Hassan Whiteside).

They should also probably just give minutes to younger guys (Jordan Clarkson, Tarik Black) who are under contract or at least likely to return.