1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the airport more crowded on Thanksgiving day?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Luckyazn, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

I have a schedule flight to leave IAH to Taiwan and first stop in Japan tomorrow at 10:25am.

Is the airport usually more crowded or less on Thanksgiving day?

I plan to leave my house at 7:30am.

With the winter storms, I am hoping the traffic there is not like the Black Friday traffic at the stores.

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Never flew on Thanksgiving Day, but I would have to assume it's less. The day before and the days after are the dumpster fires.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Its usually very quiet.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Less crowded. Years ago when I worked at Continental, my family would non-rev to DCA every Thanksgiving morning to visit my sister.

U.S. carriers actually reduce domestic frequencies on Thanksgiving Day because of low demand.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, but the problem is that most are closed for the holiday to allow employees time with their families.