1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Kevin McHale Vegas Summer League Interview - "Flexibility doesn't score"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 15, 2014.

1. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JSdF9idE6vg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Entire interview: (Warning: there is a lot of skipping/freezing in the video but the audio is fine)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/mX5OsqxML5I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Terrible coach. But he's right. What's the use of flexibility if you don't use it right. I.E. Joey Dorsey

3. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

While what he says is right, somebody gotta tell him merely telling players to "play harder" without tactical adjustment doesn't win games.

4. chandlerbang21

He speaks the truth. I doubt he agrees with Morey's decisions

5. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

McHale seems to figure out the reasons why after the plans come to fruition. That summer league when we gutted our team and brought in Jeremy and Omer, he was complaining about losing his entire roster only to have harden fall in his lap a few weeks later. This offseason sucked, but it's not like we will be a lottery team. I still think we get around the same record (50+).

6. mazinger

mazinger Member

Parsons was not worth 15mil. Get over it. Ariza gives you same production, better defense at half the price. McHale is just mad Parsons is gone because his daughters loved him. Also, for the same reason Parsons is gone, is the same reason he's still the coach. It was a move to lure Love. Unless Rockets make a deep run or win the championship, he's gone.

1 person likes this.
  7. Centerville

Centerville Member

I agree with him and I hope he pisses off Morey and gets his ass fired. :grin:

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That's why he was an awful GM in Minnesota

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

This.

Keep spitting that real, mchale.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

"half our guys don't run back on defense either" Hahaha

11. Mr Chuck Norris

I remember the night Marcus Morris got traded, A reporter asked if Marcus will see more Playing time, McHale replied, ask Daryl.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin McHale being Kevin McHale.

[rQUOTEr]"I've never seen Cap Room score a basket yet though," McHale said recently. "I've seen old Cap, and his last name is Room, I've yet to see him put a hoop in, haven't seen him block a shot, haven't seen him get a rebound yet. But when Cap Room starts putting up numbers, we should be in great shape."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...yl-morey-plans-free-agency-offseason/1918747/[/rQUOTEr]

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

This comment will at least put more pressure on Morey to get things done in the future.
    As far as McHale's coaching is concerned, it's terrible.

14. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

I think McHale will be fired before all star weekend.

1 person likes this.
  15. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Ur right, Ariza is not a drop off from Parsons. But our bench is atrocious. We have the worst looking bench I've seen in a very long time. Not only did Morey miss out on the big name FA's, but he's apparently disinterested in the role players (Augustine, C. Butler, Pierce etc) too. We basically saved all our cap space for superstar and ended up with Joey Dorsey

16. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Gotta love mchale. Our players better learn to give dwight the damn ball.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When asked if flexibility could play defense, McHale responded, "what the hell do I know about defense?" His contract was then promptly extended.

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL! I'm not a big fan of McHale's coaching but as a player, commentator and individual, I'm a huge fan! Dude speaks his mind and is hilarious often unintentionally.

19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

As long as Dwight's here so is mchale.

20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Fire McHale.