1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Audio/Video of last huddle. McHale called for no switching. "Stay with your guys"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by StepBackJumper, May 3, 2014.

1. dookiester

dookiester Member

Not disagreeing with that - Chandler should never have been matched up on Lillard initially regardless of the play called or the defense set up. He would get burned instantly. But they definitely set screens on that play and there definitely was opportunity for Harden to switch. A lot of things we could've done better but ultimately didn't. Hopefully we learn from it and don't see this kind of mistake again.

2. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Donald Sterling: Why is a taller White man being given the task of chasing after a smaller quicker Black man. Look at that Lillard boy, he's like a galloping gazelle on the African plains.

3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ive seen this play run against the Rockets for scores...maybe..5-7 times this year, everytime, either Bev gets trip, Lin doesnt switch, and or Parsons is lagging behind the shooter....Games off top of head....Lakers, Clippers, Golden State and Portland

4. ttdestroyer

ttdestroyer Member

There are some misleading threads when those posters dont seem to have seen the part where McHale called for no switching.

Stop trying to blame Parsons or Harden or everyone else.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally agree. I would have actually taken the guy off the ball and double-teamed Lillard for the entire play. He's their most clutch guy, shooting 50% from three, and even an alley-oop 2 would be better than giving that guy a good look from three (and end of series).

I know it's easy for me to say in hindsight but I was yelling that at my computer last night during the timeout. :(

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

There was a soft screen by Harden's man. Parsons had to trail Lillard, not being able to take the straight path to cut under Lillard. Harden should have switched to cut off Lillard and let Parsons take care of his man.

7. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

this HAS to be the straw that breaks the Camel's back. not the actual audio as i didn't listen to it. but this is what happens when you can't get your team to play defense all year.

need new leadership who will challenge and demand these guys to be better on d. and not clueless in these situations.

did anyone else think of the Blake 3 vs us early in the season?