1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets on Smack

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SmeggySmeg, Mar 8, 2001.

1. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Half way through the second quarter against the Paper Clips we are Down by 5, and the Clips have outscored us 15 to 5 in the second quarter.

What is going on Rockets are you all on Smack tonight!!!!

Playoffs my Arse, Clutchy roll out the Tank now, it's time for Lotto 2001.

------------------
    "Repression never did me any harm (I finally ceased to include "stop masturbating" as one of my guilt ridden New Year's resolutions, but that's a different topic)." Achebe - programmer by day, Mrs Palmers Husband by night

2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

ZRB's real id is revealed!!!

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

3. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I think they've proven my point. They have no energy or intensity, and they are not looking like a playoff team. How do you trail a Clipper team with their star out, at HOME? This is embarassing. It should be an easy win, but they are playing in loser-mode tonight. They need this game, and they are throwing it away. Much like their passing.

------------------
    I'm the most positive Rocket fan in the world.

4. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I think they will still win the game, but the fact that they are struggling to beat them, really bothers me. If they are having a hard time beating the Odom-less Clippers at home, how can they expect to be able to beat Phoenix on the road. Hakeems injury is not a good enough excuse. Although he would have been usefull during the second quarter. I believe the Clippers scored on 6 straight possessions, with 6 layups and six offensive boards. Terrible.

------------------

5. Valio!

Valio! Member

I'll hold with my original prediction

rockets - 102
    clips - 92

------------------
    "I hate every ape I see - from chimpan-a to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me." - From the 'Planet of the Apes' musical on the Simpsons

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Look, the Clips are dangerous. Young, fast, and reckless. Can run you out of the gym. We're on a back-to-back and have to remember not to play down to a less-than-stellar team. If we lose, I'll be pissed. But we'll win. (Fingers crossed.)

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

How did we manage to destroy the 76'ers? One game does not a season make... 2 games does not a season make... etc, etc. Get into the playoffs and worry about it then.

------------------
    "I was arrested for sexual assault involving an elderly man and I was out in 35 minutes." -- Achebe - programmer by day, geriatric ass grabber by night. As(s?) a side note, he did state he was cleared of charges.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I think the point is that if we keep playing like this, the playoffs will not have the Rockets as participants.

------------------
    www.swirve.com...The reason Al Gore invented the internet.

9. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Rocketman, I really appreciate you backing me up on a few of my points. Most really don't care what I have to say, so its nice to have someone agreeing with me for a change. Its not like I'm happy about this likely two year playoff drout, I just think its going to happen. I was really optimistic at the beginning of the year. I really thought they would get a top 5 seed, so I am disappointed. Some actually think I like it when the Rockets lose, so I can prove my points. That couldn't be farther from the truth.

------------------

10. Valio!

Valio! Member

WOW! When I said I would hold with my prediction, I thought I was being brave..but it turns out even my ten point victory call was an under-estimation (rockets won by 12!!) ..unbelieveable

------------------
    "I hate every ape I see - from chimpan-a to chimpanzee. No, you'll never make a monkey out of me." - From the 'Planet of the Apes' musical on the Simpsons

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I dunno. I think if we keep playing like this we'll be in the playoffs. I'm kinda liking the results of these games. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I was arrested for sexual assault involving an elderly man and I was out in 35 minutes." -- Achebe - programmer by day, geriatric ass grabber by night. As(s?) a side note, he did state he was cleared of charges.

12. Heath

Heath Member

Yeah, what are you talking about. Rockets win 12 of 15, and you say - if we keep playing like this we will not make the playoffs.

If we keep play like this we will get the 5th seed!!! But I'll settle for 48-34 and 7th seed.

------------------
    We can reach our destination, but it's still a ways away.

13. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Are the Rockets still on schedule?

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

14. Heath

Heath Member

Yopu betcha!!!

------------------

15. Heath

Heath Member

btw for a beliver like me - do I need to change my negative sig?

------------------

16. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Its not necessarily negative. When we reach our first destination, the Rockets will set another one and head on towards that one.

So until we win a championship, the Rockets will be constantly heading for the destination.

------------------
    The Rockets will be the NBA champions. Believe.

[This message has been edited by Puedlfor (edited March 08, 2001).]