1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

Hawkins really brings something to the table. I've been extremely impressed with his defense and those two dimes tonight were fantastic! I think Rudy's done it again! What a great find!

What a great game!

2. jlaw

jlaw Member

He is very special. A guy like this doesn't come around that often. This guy is going to get the respect that he could not imagine.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Can a player be a ROY candidate based on defense? He really changes the tone of a game when he is on the floor with his defense. He has very timely shooting on offense as well.

4. 3fingeredgus

3fingeredgus Member

He is one of those special players that changes the game without scoring. I really think he could develop into the current teams' Mario Elie... I guess he's not as fiery, but he certainly brings the intensity!

5. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Hawkins was huge for us tonight. We played our usual horrible defense in the first quarter, but when Hawk came in, his defensive intensity picked up the whole team, and we played excellent defense the rest of the game.

That's the first time in a long time I've seen the Rockets play play three quarters of great defense. WELL DONE. Hopefully, this will continue, and I can change my signature.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He is the best position defender at the 2-3 I've ever seen. He moves his feet like no one I've ever seen before and I've yet to see him get burned. I can't wait until he matches up against Kobe and T-Mac.

7. jlaw

jlaw Member

He made the opponet feel dizzy. He is so freaking quick. CAT has good lateral movement but his quickness cannot compete with Hawk.

8. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I thought that he set the tone on defense for the entire team. Cuttino and Rice were both playing good D, and I think it was because they were following his lead.

9. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

I was watching cat too, his defense exellent..Hawk had 4 steals in 24 minutes, he was EVERYWHERE............

10. wgray

wgray Member

i was thinking the same thing all night.
    how much time did he get in the 4th i don't rember seeing him

11. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

I think 3fingered's got the right idea - I seriously doubt he's a ROY candidate or anything like that... but an excellent role player in the Mario Elie mold could be developing.

And THAT is a key acquisition that can lead to a championship in the long run... of course, it's only been 6 games into the guy's NBA career.

Props to Scottie Brooks! :)

12. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Damn, I *LOVE* having Hawk on our bench!!! The minute someone gets hot, Hawk comes in and stops him cold. He's like a human vice -- he clamps down on the opponent so hard he can't even think of scoring.

13. Elliott03

Elliott03 Member

Hawk was amazing!! It makes me feel good seeing a guy like him get a shot in the NBA and take advantage of it like he is doing!

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i don't know if he can win rookie of the year based on just defense but he will get recognized through out the league. the energy he puts out on defense rubs off on our whole team. seriously it's that impressive. i wonder what the point-differential is for when he's in the game vs on the bench. it seems to me he's always involved in a positive situation team wise. what a great find!

15. jlaw

jlaw Member

What about DPOY?

16. walterw

walterw Member

I wish Cat would play the game with the attitude and style like Hawks. Play great defense and more wait for shots coming to his way in the offense and not try to force some stupid plays.

17. jlaw

jlaw Member

Amen, walterw.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If anything, Hawk's defensive intensity has increased with every game he plays...man am I glad..
    I've been hyping Hawk since the first game I saw him in..Im really glad that he is continually deserving of the praise..
    I think the Mario comparison is valid..I see aspects of JYD in his game..especially the shutdown D and the increased defensive intensity that seems to ruboff on the team when he's on the floor...

What a find!! thanks to Scotty!

19. ClutchCity2003

Unfortuanetley, he probably won't get enough minutes to be considered for DPOY.

20. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

This guy hustles more and more every night. He could be a real find...almost like a big darrell armstring type.