1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

rudy is the man. I love rudy. the rest of you can go jump off a bridge.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by chievous minniefield, Dec 28, 2002.

Tags:
  1. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

lock this thread if you must, thought police.

my statement is out there.

never, ever underestimate the Coach of a champion.

2. pooh222

pooh222 Member

Rudy and chievous sittin in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G........

3. Timing

Timing Member

What's love got to do with it? ;)

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree i like Rudy a lot.:D

5. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Come on, Rudy HAS to outlast Jerry Sloan.

6. Panda

Panda Member

I hear someone is sobbing in the darkness.:(

7. danjojo

danjojo Member

i love him too. he brought us 2 championships. you clearly fail to realise that he is not getting the job done. he has a job to and is not performing. it's simple. it's been going on for too long now.

Les Alexander needs to wake up too. Move Rudy somewhere else in the organisation and move on already.

Rockets need a change and they need it fast !!! Unless of course, they are aiming for the number 1 pick next year again....

8. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

I totally agree! Now, where's that bridge? I hope it's a tall one.

9. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

patience...patience...

We're not the Clippers; we have a plan. It takes experimentation and practice. This team has had very little time to do either; to start looking for scapegoats is laughable.

10. SLA

SLA Member

We're not going to become champs in one year. They haven't even known each other for a whole year yet. I agree...patience. We should be great...in the future.

11. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I am with you chievous minniefield. However if anyone is jumping of of a bridge please let me know. I want to watch.

12. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Rudy stays!

13. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

I am not the biggest Rudy fan in the world, but to expect us to be hanging wioth the Dallas and the Sactowns of the league is rediculous. We have a rookie starting at centerand a 22 year old second year man at PF, hmmmm wonder why we are getting beat up in the middle.

To quote the Rolling Stones, "Tiiiiiiiime, is on our side..... Yes it is"

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I like Rudy, but the fact is the team is playing like garbage. The isolations are just stupid. And yes, passing it down to Yao and then having everybody stand on the 3 point line is STILL an isolation.

I couldn't believe in yesterday's game that Rudy was going to Mo Taylor in the post in the 4th quarter (the game wasn't quite over yet). He was the 4th best offensive option on the floor after Steve, Yao, and Cuttino. There is no Hakeem anymore Rudy, throw out that stupid play! And get rid of the Cuttino at the elbow ISO as well while you are at it.

15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Very compelling argument, there :rolleyes:

Seriously, it is certainly understandable to require patience. On the other hand, while it's hard to judge the job a coach is doing (other than the ultimate factor, wins and losses), you can still see trends developing, etc. You can still see that Rudy's substitution patterns are horrible at best, the team is unprepared following most timeouts and days off and the players on the floor haven't improved in their most lacking areas - the fundamental skills. I believe there is a stat out there that says no coach has ever survived after having not made the palyoffs 4 consecutive years. This is Rudy's 4th year. He has some redeeming qualities (I think he is a good defensive coach) and, fortunately for him, the team is talented enough to make the playoffs this year.

16. danjojo

danjojo Member

Who is talking about hanging with Dallas and Sacramento ? How about hanging even remotely close to the Knicks ? Can we expect that ?

Time is definitely not on Rudy's side...

17. nineteen

nineteen Member

Jay Z,

Thanks for the 4 year stat. I've said when the Rox were rollin that Rudy couldn't lead them to the playoffs. If Rudy stays after this year, Les deserves everything that he gets. He shouldn't be scared of the media, it's his team!

18. SLA

SLA Member

Does Les even love his team? He isn't as crazy as Mark Cuban. I like Mark Cuban, though. Les Alexander will not fire Rudy Tomjanovich.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

And we see the broken record skipping again...

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Get Rud of Riddy!!!