1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] - NBA Rookie Watch: Best of 21

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pkothari1013, Mar 7, 2013.

1. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

ESPN article listing the best rookies based on potential and stratified by age - in this case, those aged 21. In case anyone is wondering (like I was), D-Mo is actually 22.

#1 is Dion Waiters (Cavs), #4 is Terrence Ross (Raptors), #5 is Perry Jones (Thunder), #6 is John Jenkins (Hawks), and #7 is Kendall Marshall (Suns). Enjoy.

1 person likes this.
  2. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

yet, we're still not playing jones. is he really performing so badly in practices that forces mchale to enforce this constant benching?

3. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I remember when Thomas Robinson, Terrence Jones and Royce White were in the top 5 in power forwards for the 2012 draft last year. A lot of experts had these players high. I hope they don't become busts like the 2009 draft players we had.

4. Roxs

Roxs Member

We have a lot of young PF candidates with upside. You would think that one of them if not 2 would get packaged for something later on in the summer.

5. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Yeah, I hope so too. Presumably one of the Rockets' goals in hoarding so many PF's (D-Mo, T-Rob, T-Jones, #Winnebago) though is to increase the odds of just one of them developing into an All-Star type player even if the rest of them are busts. It's pretty crazy that so many of the 09 draft picks we got didn't pan out well, but I think that draft class redeemed itself for us with Harden and Beverly. :cool:

6. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

FFS he had a ****ing cast on his left (shooting) arm against Dallas on Sunday. Do people just not ever educate themselves before offering an opinion? I've put this exact information in like 5 threads...

7. Lil Lee

Lil Lee Contributing Member

It would just be fantastic if either T-Rob, T-Jones, D-Mo, or Royce White be the PF we need and have been looking for instead of wasting our cap on these other players (Josh Smith, Dwight, etc).

Les Alexander, cough up the dough and send all 4 of these to Hakeem in the summer and allow the dream to make a man out of at least one of these boys.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

What!? How did he get hurt? And when? And what?

9. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

My bad. From now on, I'll remember to look in every thread for your top notch, up-to-date comments to eliminate any redundancy or errors on my part. It might also save me from certain angry, jump-to-conclusions comments. My bad for not noticing the thread you started about his widely known injury on clutchfans, nba.com, houstonrockets.com, espn.com, sportsillustrated.com, thedreamshake.com, and the google pages I tried to look for just now. :rolleyes:

10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

seriously, how long has he been hurt? I can't seem to find anything on any site that details this :confused:

11. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Well in how defense, it was repeated like 20 times (maybe more) in the first Dallas game (the Sunday one). So if you even looked at that thread you were most likely bound to eventually find it said

12. Roxs-Redemption

Has TJones played a game in the regular season yet?

13. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

Yeah, he's played in 11 games (average ~8 min, mostly garbage time though). He did have one pretty nice highlight against the Lakers early in the season:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MQlbO8oX7M4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

The screencap to that youtube video is wallpaper-worthy. Can anyone make it?

15. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

1 person likes this.
  16. Roxs-Redemption

Cant find a wallpaper. Sorry.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Try asking RedRedemption.

17. pkothari1013

pkothari1013 Member

18. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Yeah I think I remember him playing a few games when Sampson was coaching.