1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thank you Morey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by catch22, Nov 29, 2012.

1. catch22

catch22 Member

Thank you Morey for having done such a excellent work during the summer:

Asik - the big guy is outplaying his contract in a big way. love his hustle, love his defense, love his improving offensive game. i am glad we have this guy locked up for 3 years

Harden - a top 5 SG right now and is only 23 years old. i am so excited we got this guy locked up for 5 years. oh, lamb is sent to d-league, obviously he is not the ROY as some homers here thought he would be

Lin - if he can keep up with his current play i say he is worth his contract (maybe slightly overpaid). Trouble is JLIN has a big potential upside as well as a big potential downside, but i am very interested to see how this plays out

With these signing over the summer, we really have a good core, young players who are also locked up for the next 3 - 5 years AND WE HAVE THE CAP ROOM TO SIGN ANOTHER MAX PLAYER!

All thanks to Morey and Rockets' front office

2. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Thank you Sam Presti and Glen Grunwald. And a future thank you to GM David Kahn.

2 people like this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I agree with everything you said but Lin. Morey has done a great job. Lin has got to do better.

4. senter

senter Member

Kevin Love? :grin:

5. Arthurprescott2

Almost spit out my coffee. :grin: REP!

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

hahaha KAHHHNNNNNNNNNN

7. FanOnGessner

FanOnGessner Member

LOVE it

8. catch22

catch22 Member

lol, we need some love

9. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Let's not forget Parsons. Need to leave room for his contract in two years. Rockets got a bargin in him now but they can't underpay him for ever.

10. WNBA

WNBA Member

ranking: #9 in the west.

11. Hail to the V

Hail to the V Member

I trust Morey and Alexander will have ample cash set aside for the Parsons fund. He keeps playing like this, or even improving, he'll be set for multiple lifetimes easily. So glad to have him.

12. BullRider

BullRider Member

Thank you morey for ignoring the win-now-ers!!! summer scrap rebuild was the best thing hes ever done.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Future rankings 2014 - 2018 in the West???....

#1 OKC
    #2 LAL??
    #3 - #8 ????

I think the Rockets are setup to possibly be a top 5 team in the West in 2 or 3 years for 3 to 5 years at least with one or two upgrades either on the roster or by trade, and further growth by the players that already foundation pieces of the roster.

9th team in the West possibly just this year, but they are only going to get much, much better in 2 or 3 years. The ceiling of the team the past 3 years has been the 7th or 8th seed, and first round exit of the playoffs. This team in two or three years could be a contending team going deep into the playoffs.

A few things need to happen first, and Harden/Asik most importantly have to stay healthy throughout their careers(Knock on Wood!!!), but the pieces are there to make that kind of jump in a few years.

14. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

I like every player on this Rockets roster for the first time since...probably the 90s.

I really appreciate what Morey and the rest of the Rockets organization have been doing lately.

15. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Every player????.... Even the #Transparent ones???

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Lets not start sucking ************************here just yet.

We have to see how he surrounds the Beard over the next five years. Our bench is horrible and point guard play has to improve.
    [​IMG]

17. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

NOT TECHNICALLY ON THE ROCKETS ACTIVE ROSTER

woohoo loopholes! :grin:

18. Hrock

Hrock Rookie

I am really curious to see what Morey's next move is with the money the organization has left to spend on another player.

19. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

exacty my sentiments

20. Grigori

Grigori Member

No. Terrence Jones. :cool: