1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, this is why Sammy D makes $13 mil and Tyson Chandler makes $60 mil

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sammy had a hot start, but Chandler has kept up the good play all season, whether the Knicks won or lost. The consistency explains the price difference.

Guess you get what you pay for sometimes.

2. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Still wouldn't pay Chandler $60M

3. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I wouldn't pay Chandler 60M either... but he is a fantastic center.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bingo. Hopefully Sam Dale can continue to mature... It took Tyson a while to figure it out too...

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Chandler is really good. He should have been an all-star. He totally outplayed Bynum yesterday.

6. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

... can continue to mature? He will be 31 in the end of this season. He had enough time to mature, if he wasn't able to do so, why he will mature right now? Just because we are Rockets fans and we want him to do so?

I'm afraid it won't work. He had a perfect opportunity with Philly and he threw himself under the bus with his play

We just got what we've got

He's been pretty good for his own wage, but we should wait any development in his game, it just won't happen, to late

7. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

... can continue to mature? He will be 31 at the end of this season. He had enough time to mature, if he wasn't able to do so, why will he mature right now? Just because we are Rockets fans and we want him to do so? Sixers fans wanted it more:grin:

I'm afraid it won't work. He had a perfect opportunity with Philly and he threw himself under the bus with his play

We just got what we've got

He's been pretty good for his own wage, I like what he's doing for 6-7 M per year, but we shouldn't wait an any development in his game, it just won't happen, to late

8. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sammy's $13 million isn't even guaranteed, just the first year. Rockets may cut him loose in the off-season. So it's really $60 million vs. $8 million.

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tyson Chandler was an immature waste of talent until his stint with Dallas, when he was 28.

I think Sammy is a little banged up right now, and in this crazy season, I expect all players to be inconsistent. I am still holding out hope for him to become a mature, veteran C that brings it consistently. Someitmes things click at different times for different people.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

TC was pretty good with CP in NOLA.

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Perfect description of Chandler with the Bulls. He was very frustrating to watch.