1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets eyeing FAs Durant, Horford, Whiteside, Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. topfive

topfive CF OG

link

Not much new here, but Calvin Watkins is an occasionally semi-reliable source.

Apart from Mav Spears' comments about KD, this is the closest I've seen to something concrete.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Which one, preferably two, of you will

[​IMG]

3. conquistador#11

we're like creepy guy eyeing durant which is completely different.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Rockets looking to acquire player under certain circumstances.

5. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Do we really need anythnig concrete to know they'll be going after KD?

I'm starting to think more and more hassan is a real possibility here...he knows dream and obviously cares about the no state income tax...we may be able to steal him from Dallas, once Morey does his Ipad Asian money presentation...

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The linked blog is just referencing a worthless blurb/tweet from Watkins:

"According to a source the Houston Rockets are looking at the following high-level free agents: Al Horford, Kevin Durant, Hassan Whiteside and Ryan Anderson. The team's search to upgrading the roster will be wide and not just strictly with these four players."

Gee, thanks. They're going to be looking at big name players and others? Wow. Good stuff, Cal.

This is Barry Rufflewitz level stuff.

7. photojoe

photojoe Member

Lol. My thoughts exactly. Sometimes I think that I should be an insider.

"Multiple sources have confirmed that the Rockets hope to get better during free agency. They are looking at all of the biggest name free agents, but they are also looking at other free agents as well. Sources have said that they would be willing to sign anyone as long as they believe that player makes their team better and they sign a good deal. Don't be surprised if they sign someone that Clutchfans posters have been talking about for a long time. Or maybe they will sign someone that no one saw coming. They might even perform a couple of trades."

1 person likes this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

I said it in another post but it seems relevant here too: Whiteside should be the guy whose doorstep were on at midnight on Thursday. He is a younger, healthier Dwight who appears to know his limitations on offense. He'll run the p&r meaning fewer straight isos for James and he'll be the rim protection Dwight was too. That combined with his desire to keep as much money as he can (no state taxes), should give us a real chance. We really just have to beat out dallas and I think we get his signature. Do it Maury!!

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

Seriously? Sometimes I despise online "journalism" -- sports and otherwise. Grab the flimsiest of mentions and craft an entire article about it, then call yourself a sportswriter. :mad:

Sorry, folks.

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Whiteside and Anderson seem like the most possible ones

11. SRR21

SRR21 Member

I agree lock him up for 4 or 5 yrears and still have room for Batum or Beal.

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

It can't be both of them though. At least one max has to be on a play maker. I just hope we don't sign Anderson. He's a solid player, but not worth the $20 mil he demands.

13. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Rockets probably will max out on Whiteside if anything. I know he's said that he is all about the no state tax.

14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Lol.... At 12:01 on friday Morey will jump out some bushes and toss a laptop at Durant and then run.

1 person likes this.
  15. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I have a bad feeling about Whiteside. He says a lot of things that don't sit well with me.

16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

How can you have an issue with Whiteside? The guy is a young Dwight who played phenomenal basketball last year. He dunks everything and tries to block everything. Whiteside is an animal.

17. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Only way we acquire durant if they took free will away and bring the slave days back

18. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Whiteside is a headcase. He does this all for show, he needs to be with a young team that's failing so he grows.

Whiteside is going for the fame & money. He signs with LA or Miami.

Anderson I would pay up to 18 mill a season.

Horford no....

Durant....... no comment.

19. bmd

bmd Member

Same. I don't want him.

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Good God, I'd slam my junk in a drawer if we gave Anderson $18 mil a season; bat sh#t crazy.