1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Film Study: Chinanu Onuaku

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets_Insider, Jun 24, 2016.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Too bad he was dumb as bricks and didn't know how to utilize his athleticism properly. How explosive is Draymond Green again? Andrew Bogut? Timothy Mozgov? Tim Duncan? Shane Battier? Bruce Bowen? Etc etc "Explosion" has almost nothing to do with being a good defender, you need strength, bball IQ, quickness and willingness to absorb contact before you need explosion or athleticism if you want to be a good defender.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, and if he was a 7 footer like Bogut and Mozgov or could shoot the basketball like Green, Duncan, Battier, or Bowen then it wouldn't be a problem. He's undersized despite long arms and he can't shoot the ball at all. He basically has Clint Capela's game just without any of the physical tools. He may end up being a good defender but I don't see how he'll ever have even a competent offensive game. If you are going to have no skill whatsoever on offense, the least you can do is make up for it with explosive athleticism.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

What's bothering me is he seems to be built like a prototypical power forward but is being listed as a center. Small ball center maybe but I think he should be a real life, NBA sized power 4ward. Am I crazy, way off base?

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The reason he's listed as a center is because he doesn't have the game of a power forward. If he's further than a few feet from the basket he's worthless on offense. He'd be just terrible for spacing at the 4.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

His passing is exceptional; he's going to do wonders for this offense just based on that. Could be a poor man's Boris Diaw

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

With much better defense and rebounding.

This guy is an excellent fit to defend modern NBA offenses

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nothing like Dorsey and to suggest Dorsey was better is simply asinine. Thanks for the article, I don't have high hopes, since Morey thinks we're still contending but I agree that he and Payton have a decent shot at a rotation spot.

8. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Who isn't? Dmo I guess even though he's built like a center lol

9. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Find it weird that no one mention Chuck Hayes yet. Undersize, good motor, good defender, good reader and passer, almost no offense.

Dorsey have no motor....

10. Remlap

Remlap Member

I'm pretty sure Les forced Daryl to pull the trigger on this guy because
    his name sounds sort of Asian. LOL

May not have even known who he was

1 person likes this.
  11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Lol. Repped!

12. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6-10, 250 pounds is undersized now. For a 19 year old...

:rolleyes:

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Film study: He sucks!

Good riddance busty Chinanu!