1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another reason why u cant trust Mr. Moneyball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by leebigez, Jun 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Jefferson for Yi and Simmons. Need I say more?

2. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

yes, please explain.

3. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Obviously Morey called the Nets and told them it was a good trade.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Dammit! I knew Morey had something to do with that trade! Those poor New Jersey Nets didn't know what hit them. Stupid Mr. Moneyball, always meddling!

5. overu

overu Member

we could have gotten Yi for landry, head + 25 pick

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Are you talking about Morey? And if so, what did he have to do with that trade?

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Explain yourself. Yes, you definitely need to "say more".

8. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

NO we couldn't have.

I'd rather have Landry anyway.

9. leebigez

The Bucks get a bonifide all star caliber player for 2 scrubs because their contracts expire the same yr James is a free agent. Isn't this what Jackson contract is for?

10. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

ok, so play morey for a minute. What is your proposal?

11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Morey should be fired after Lakers got Gasol for free.

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

scrubs? simmons was a MIP recipient and has had some injury problems of late but if healthy he is a pretty capable player in the NBA.

Yi is just entering his second year but he has shown promise of being a very good NBA player.

and just because the nets will have some cap space he wont being going to NJ definitely despite all the efforts of Jay-Z. I think he'll go to NY or stay put in cleveland.

i actually think this trade helps both teams out.

13. leebigez

Didn't the Rox need a 3rd scorer? What about a quality 3rd scorer that can run the break, defend,score, get to the ft line and all u had to give up is contracts that goes out in 2 yrs. Let me try this.

Jackson, Francis, Scola for Jefferson. No draft pick given away. A solid young player in Scola and 2 expiring contracts.

14. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

And so should every other GM?

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

this is a cleverly disguised wrong-forum, Richard Jefferson trade thread that needs to be locked, just like the other one today.

16. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Simmons's career is mostly over, but Yi is not a scrub. He had a decent rookie year, is cheap, and will likely be a serviceable starter. Jefferson is above average, but he is old, is not good enough to build a team around, and is overpaid.

It's not clear that this is even a good move for Milwaukee. That team is very far away from contending. They need a franchise player, and Jefferson is not it. This move is just going to keep them mediocre for another 3 years.

BTW, Jefferson makes a lot more than Jackson, and Jackson's contract expires the wrong year for LBJ. There's really no relation of this trade in any way to Morey.

17. leebigez

Yi is the softest big man in the nba and I really liked simmons in La, he hasn't played in 2 yrs. NJ gave Jefferson away for the lure of James and we were holding our johnson as usual.

18. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

They probably see there's more upside to Yi cause of his age and Yi will sell a ton more tickets while they throw the next two seasons if that is the plan to get lebron.

19. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

It's all part of the plan. With Yi on board, Boki becomes available.

20. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yi is 7 years younger than Scola. Scola is a lot more polished, but the Nets are in no rush. If I'm the Nets and your package is on the table against the Bucks package, I prefer the package that includes the player with the most upside (Yi over Scola), and the albatross contract player that at least has a chance of also being a productive player (Simmons over Jackson).

Please stop pretending to know what offers other GMs would accept, and ridiculing Morey for making a deal using a package that is better in your convoluted mind. Thanks.