1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Tracy McGrady - 14 Points Vs The Kings (10.23.08)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by batkins, Oct 26, 2008.

1. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4khlvb

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y5aGjFRXhzo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y5aGjFRXhzo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I hope he regains his smooth and awesomeness.

3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

wow. i didnt get to see this game, but tmac looks pretty good in the post.

maybe he can evolve his game similar to MJ when he got older.

4. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Thanks, batkins!

Tmac looks good, although he is not 100% yet.

5. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Yes, McGrady does look good in the post but he only had Martin and Salmons on him. He has great post moves and I really think we should use him there a bit in the regular season so he doesnt have to waste his energy creating his shot while getting these easy points.

6. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

What I loved about McGrady's play that night is that he didn't hoist up long range threes like he has done in recent years. He actually made an effort to within the offense. It would have been easy for him to settle being it the last preason game and not at 100% physically but he didn't. Hope this is a sign of things to come! Go Rockets!!!

7. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think he's finally realizing that his physical/athletic ability isn't what it once was (and that his range isn't what it once was). from this game, it's clear that his game will be more in the mid-range/high post (and low post too if guys like kmart is guarding him).

this will make him not only more efficient, but save his energy b/c these types of shots are "easier" for him to get.

so yes, this is a sign of things to come, hopefully.

8. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

T-Mac looked like he was in a great deal of pain when he was getting back on defense. Grimacing thats the word I'm looking for. T-Mac was grimacing.

9. Bassem

Bassem Member

Thanks a lot. I hope the fans don't put too much pressure on him, and let him get back into shape slowly. I hope they have the patience for his return. He'll be back, but it'll take time.

10. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

As feigan said in his piece, mcgrady looked better and more confident as the game went on. within the next 8 to 10 game expect mcgrady to start playing like what he is and thats our best player and one of the best in the league.

11. DPballer

DPballer Member

That move he puts on at 0:30 is just sick. He is the master of pump fakes!

12. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I like how RA is playing McGrady at the High Post. This area is no doubt McGrady's hot spot, and is more efficient at that spot than 3/4 of the players in the league, even when he isn't at 100%.

I think RA is really pushing to put all our players in their hot spots. With the addition of great 3 point shooters and players, we have more flexibility and can keep Yao 1 on 1 at the low post more often.

13. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

the presence of Artest really helps TMac, more than I originally considered.
    JVG said that would be the case, and now I'm seeing it - specifically with TMac going more towards the basket. In the past I felt like the entirety of the other team was set to stop TMac getting to the hoop. Now, with only one or two players setting up against him, TMac makes it look particularly easy... even more than usual.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He looks out of shape.

Thanks Batkins

DD

15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

That's an understatement. Nothing looked easy for him on those highlights.

16. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

wow. did i just see tmac boxing out???

sure he looked out of shape but those were easy shots, even though he didnt look that comfortable. i liked his jump shot, it looked good.

i didnt get to see the game so i didnt get to see how he looked over all.

i know one thing, even if he misses a few games, he'll be ready for that boston game.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Thanks, batkins!

For showing a Tmac in a Houston uniform, its good see that there are some HOUSTON ROCKETS fans here.

18. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Man, you just can't resist, can you? :)

Anyway, he's definitely out of shape, but he'll come around. Sounds like Adelman has been running some grueling practices over the weekend, which should help.

19. count_dookoo

count_dookoo Member

yeah, he was out of shape and to me it looked as he wasn't even trying too hard.
    so if we take that into the account and his final stats for the game, it's clear that he's on the right track.

20. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

For someone who is still trying to get back, I thought T-Mac played very aggressive. If you remember the Boston game, he shot about 9 freethrows in 10 minutes.