1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Le Batard] Gasol was set to join Heat, if Lebron had stayed

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RV6, Sep 13, 2014.

1. supdudes

supdudes Member

Pau needed the Lakers. He's not proven to be an elite first option, at least not in the post season where he's never won a single game in MEM.

Put Kobe on that Memphis team they'd still be a bit short of the championship.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Listen here you freak, a team's record is dependent on the TEAM & coaching staff, more so then a single players performance. You wanted to argue Love hasn't won like Pau has, that was a bogus argument as Gasol never gotten one play off win before being paired with the best player in the game. Now we will see Love do exactly as Pau, be paired with the best in the game, and win rings. I didn't compare the two defensively either, was just noting that I don't view Pau's defense as being much superior then Loves.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was upset about that too.:grin:

4. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm not saying one is better than the other but Pau Gasol was seen as the best big in the nba at one point and was prob the best 2way big in the league for a 3 yr stretch.

Personally I think Gasol is a lot better on defense than love but in terms of the overall talent it's close. Id still take 2010 Gasol over what love did this season but overall love will prob have the more impressive career stat wise. Pau is one of the most skilled 7 footers the nba has seen but he's soft and seems to crumble under pressure, we'll see if love while not as naturally talented as Gasol, has more grit and not fold under pressure.

5. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Gasol didn't exactly do much before he joined Kobe.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Lets wait until Love gets the that point in his career to even compare the two.

Right now it looks like love will have a very similar career to Pau.

Very good player on a bad team, great stats, no wins
    then
    Traded and paired with the best player in the nba

Pau and kobe won multiple championships and then Pau got much praise, lets wait and see if Love and Lebron do the same.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

How is it bogus when Gasol had 3 seasons in a row of at least 45 wins and playoff appearances with Memphis while Love has never led a team to a .500 record? Love is probably the 3rd banana on his new team.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

Yeah but can Gasol do this? Love is GOAT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kstHgDYFiA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I called Miami stupid for that, just came across as knee jerk desperation to me.

10. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Gasol was better than Love is.