1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kobe: Europe players more skillful

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by T_Man, Jan 3, 2015.

1. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's not like high school phenoms in the US aren't singled out and basketball then becomes their lives whether through themselves or a parent.

I'd say the main difference is that Euro pro teams play once a week. Training becomes their 9 to 5 and I guess because soccer is the predominant sport there they copy that. That is some days of the week are set aside soley for skills practice.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LB,

You and seal are correct... People want to argue stats are athleticism and the article is purely about understanding the fundamentals of the game..

I also understand what you're saying about the triple threat and i said the [L] and [C] when shooting... I also love your ideal of making the run drills without hooping for 2 weeks...

We need more instructors who think like yourself to add the fundamentals to go along with the athleticism.

T_Man

3. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

And that's exactly what Kobe is talking about. Kostas learned more on fundamentals than he would in USA, so he was able to overcome his lack of athleticism. You made his point perfectly.

4. GreatOne1978

GreatOne1978 Member

He's spot on

5. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

6. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lebron, kd,westbrook went to classes more than theh had shooting and dribbling drills supervised by pro coaches. Thats why a guy lime lebron is so rare. He's fundamentally sound despite fact. Tony Parker didnt go to high school or college. Neither did dirk,yao and some of the other standout guys. They trained most of the day with pro coaches and then had a tutor. When i was in college, i had 16 hrs, had to be on the court by 2 for practice at 230. We would practice from 230 till 530, hit the cafeteria from 6 to 630 and study hall from 7 to 10. So basically, you could get about 3 hrs of practice in for the most part. The euro guys dont have to worry about class and study hall. Theyre training for the pros.

7. hanz

hanz Rookie

Is kobe worried that there are a lot of white players getting max contracts nowadays. I think he wants all white players to play like luke walton, on the bench.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thats makes plenty of sense. Twill,Gerald green and even lebron james showed lack of fundamentals. Extremely talented players but the way they play they look like a mufuken Uhhhhhhhhhhh.

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

AnD I like how peoplease say the game has changed. No, the people that play the closest or is most funDamen tally sound wins. That stretch 4 crap here people talk makes me laugh.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I'm breaking this phone and getting an iphone.

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Nah breh, just give it to me.

12. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

True...

Unfortunately, Kobe is a Do as I say and not a Do as I do person... I'm not a fan of Kobe, but I agree with his statements on aau.

T_Man